cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Egglette Advisory

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a set of four Egglettes from Amazon. They worked great, just like on TV. I ordered another set of six. Terrible. The difference? The second set had a pattern of holes in their tops, much like a salt shaker that let water in and ruined the process. The holes only covered about one fourth of the top, but that was enough. Moral of the story, buy the ones without the many holes.
27 REPLIES 27

travelnutz
Explorer II
Explorer II
FYI,

Holes in the top piece? YES, there better be. We have 6 egglets and they work perfect in the microwave. A drop of butter or equivalent in the egglet bottom, crack an egg into the egglet, put the egglet top on, microwave on high for 40 seconds or 45 seconds for 2 or more egglets, take it out and let it cool for half a minute, remove the top and turn the bottom over and the perfect hardboiled egg falls right out. Use a paper towel to wipe the inside of the egglet out and put it away or cook some more. Dollar Tree has them for $1 each! Works to perfection and no pans to clean and your hard boiled egg is ready to eat in 1 minute and 15 seconds!!! Beat that!!!

Makes omelets also and loaded omelets too, egg shaped. If desired, break the yolk with a fork and stir and then add about anything like bacon, onions, green and/or red peppers, other seasonings etc whatever, or even a teaspoon etc of milk and you have a personal size egg quiche. Also makes a scrambled egg by chopping the cooked egg up on your plate with your fork.

Egglet eggs means NO dirty pans at all to clean, NO peeling of the eggs, and is done ready to eat in a fraction of the time. Egglets are a blessing for egg cooking when RV'ing and at home too!

Also have 4 of the non-hole egglets for dropping into boiling water but we never use them anymore as it takes so long to do and they come out no different than the microwave method.
A superb CC LB 4X4, GM HD Diesel, airbags, Rancho's, lots more
Lance Legend TC 11' 4", loaded including 3400 PP generator and my deluxe 2' X 7' rear porch
29 ft Carriage Carri-lite 5'er - a specially built gem
A like new '07 Sunline Solaris 26' TT

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
The holes are to keep them from blowing their little red heads off. Trouble is, they went too far with the concept. I hate peeling eggs. Obviously.

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
wa8yxm wrote:

Why they would put holes in 'em I don't know.

For use in the microwave.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
wa8yxm wrote:

For use in the microwave.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

TomG2
Explorer
Explorer
Report it to the moderator. This group is getting way to touchy. Someone broke the rules. Report them.

I just thought it was a lighthearted comment on something that is heavily advertised and of interest to many. I served hard boiled eggs at a campout last week to great reviews.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Ok it is a "General RVing issue because many RVers like to EAT. and many campgrounds do things like POT LUCK dinners and a common "Dish to pass" is deviled eggs.
So it's better here than in Camp cooks?
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Seems a lot of fuss to avoid peeling an egg?
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Dennis12
Explorer
Explorer
egglets
Dennis Hoppert

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ok it is a "General RVing issue because many RVers like to EAT. and many campgrounds do things like POT LUCK dinners and a common "Dish to pass" is deviled eggs.

An Egglet is a silicon "Egg shell" you take a raw egg, break it into the "Egglet" put the top on and drop it in a pan of boiling water.. Time it and then remove the egglet, and "Decant" (yes that is the word) a perfect hard boiled egg suitable for Egg Salad, or Cheif's Salad or Deviled eggs or ______ No pealing needed. Heavily advertised on TV.

Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
years back I bought some small tupperware type of jobbies that did the same thing at 1/3 the price.
bumpy

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Camp cooks..
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know what an Eggelette is, but it sounds awful.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
And this is General RVing Issues...how? Maybe want to put this in Lifestyles, FullTiming, ATC, or some such.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"