cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ice maker

melissajean0
Explorer
Explorer
We're looking to get an ice maker for our rv, but we do not want a portable one. We want one that we can tap into the water lines and use. Any suggestions on brands?
Husband: Jeremy; 1 Springer Spaniel; 1 Toy Schnauzer
F350 SD 4x4
Ford Edge
2008 Forest River Sandpiper
AL, AZ, AR, CO, FL, GA, IL, KY, LA, MS, MO, NM, TN, TX, UT, WY, OK, KS
London, UK, Ipswich, UK.

6 REPLIES 6

blangen
Explorer
Explorer
Super_Dave wrote:
A permanent mount sounds intriguing but I hate leaving my water pump on 24/7.

For what it's worth... I don't even use tank water in the ice maker. I just have the feeling that, someday, the tank water may not be as clean/microbe free, etc and I don't want tainted ice cubes to bite us in the future. Since we sit still for periods of time, I use only when connected to "fresh" water. When it comes time to move, I dump the ice and turn the unit off. When landing, turn on and dump the first few rounds of fresh ice. So far, that method has worked very well.

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
A permanent mount sounds intriguing but I hate leaving my water pump on 24/7.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
Just FYI - When I bought my 2014 5er, there was an option for a built-in ice maker that would reside in the freezer part of the fridge - just like a home unit. But the option went away before I could order. I was told the reason was because there were so many problems due to leaks after they went thru a winter. I understand they were a little tricky to winterize.

Tim

blangen
Explorer
Explorer
melissajean0 wrote:
blangen wrote:
Unless the price scares you off, U-Line is hard to beat. We have one built in and love it. Literally makes a fresh round of ice every 20 minutes.

No, that price doesn't scare me, but I still wouldn't pay that much for an ice maker.

Well, the question becomes... how many foreign made cheapies would you go through before you equate the price of one quality unit? Your choice.

melissajean0
Explorer
Explorer
blangen wrote:
Unless the price scares you off, U-Line is hard to beat. We have one built in and love it. Literally makes a fresh round of ice every 20 minutes.

No, that price doesn't scare me, but I still wouldn't pay that much for an ice maker.
Husband: Jeremy; 1 Springer Spaniel; 1 Toy Schnauzer
F350 SD 4x4
Ford Edge
2008 Forest River Sandpiper
AL, AZ, AR, CO, FL, GA, IL, KY, LA, MS, MO, NM, TN, TX, UT, WY, OK, KS
London, UK, Ipswich, UK.

blangen
Explorer
Explorer