cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspired by Shortie

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Shortie's post on beef sandwiches inspired me to make some sandwiches.

Somewhat copied this from the Pioneer Woman recipe but enhanced it by putting it in the smoker.

4 lbs chuck roast
1 can beef broth
1 cup water
1 TBSP Italian seasoning
1/2 jar of pepperchinis
1/2 packet of onion soup mix

I smoked the roast for 3 hours and then braised in the oven at 275 for 3 hours.

Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk
8 REPLIES 8

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
Super Dave is back on the smoker. Yee haw! Glad to see you active again, SD.
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

cpd520
Explorer
Explorer
Looks really good and the pics are great. Will have to give this a try. Not a pepperchini fan, but I imagine once it's all cooked up they won't be overpowering.

My go to chuck roast recipe of late has been Pepper Stout Beef. Definitely cook it in the smoker.
Jack and Nina

NYCgrrl
Explorer
Explorer
Love it! Chuck roast is one of my fav beef cuts for slow cooking. Great idea to pre smoke before unto the oven it goes.

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Seasoned the roast with one of my off the shelf beef rubs that includes a little rosemary and thyme.

DeanRIowa
Explorer
Explorer
I do something very similiar but instead of beef broth and Italian seasonings, I do a Au Jus packet with some extra water.

I am going to try yours since I always have your ingredients on hand. What did you seasoning your roast with before smoking?

thanks,

Dean
2015 Summerland 2820 BHGS
2016 Silverado
DW Esmeralda, DS Mathew, DD Natalie

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Dean, it doesn't add vinegar taste but does add a medium bite of heat. Peppers could easily be omitted. I think this recipe could be as flexible as your imagination.

DeanRIowa
Explorer
Explorer
Looks good, and I like the idea of smoking and then finishing off in oven. I might presmoke the meat, freeze it than take it camping and finish off cooking in a crockpot.

Did the peppers add a noticeable vinegar/acidity flavor? My wife doesn't like to much sour in food.

Dean
2015 Summerland 2820 BHGS
2016 Silverado
DW Esmeralda, DS Mathew, DD Natalie

alaska315
Explorer
Explorer
Super_Dave,,,,,,,,You forgot one thing...........

The Invitation,LOL:h