Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pans for NuWave cook top

Poodle_Power
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a NuWave cooktop at Kitchen
collection sometime back. It came with one skillet. after checking
all the pans we had in the house, I found none of them were magnetic.

I happened to think about some pans I had that were in the storage room.
These were a set of pans that I had bought when I graduated from High School in 1956. Some lady was selling to new graduates.

So, I got them out and tried them. Guess what, they are magnetic. So I am well panned.
6 REPLIES 6

ventrman
Explorer
Explorer
I use Cast Iron on mine. One thing about it, is even though you can cook in the Pan, the Handle does not get hot, only barely warm. Try that on a Gas Stove.
God Bless!

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I have a couple of cast iron skillets that were passed down to me from my mother. She inherited them from her mother. They're at least 67 years old because Grandma died when I was 3. They've never had soap in them - just hot water and a scrub brush when needed. Well seasoned and nothing sticks. Also two of her books of recipes. There are also pages with money she made selling butter and eggs.
The house is still there and I stopped by recently. The folks that own it now live in a modern house next door. They let me tour the old place. The rooms are a lot smaller than I remember them, but then I was a lot smaller, too. A trip back in time.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

magnusfide
Explorer II
Explorer II
2-MTnesters wrote:
You can also use cast iron cookware on the NuWave as well. Nothing like cooking in a well seasoned cast iron skillet! Tim

Amen!
"The only time you should fear cast iron is if your wife is fixin' to hit you with it."-Kent Rollins
First law of science: don't spit into the wind.

Magnus

Poodle_Power
Explorer
Explorer
I have cast iron pans that I use sometimes. I find that as I get older my wrists aren't as strong as they used to be and those pan's can be hard for me to handle.

Dennis, I'm sure that once I'm gone, the pans will be right behind me.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
You KEPT pans from 1956..:h:h...:S.....my wife would have kicked me out of the house..:)..Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

2-MTnesters
Explorer
Explorer
You can also use cast iron cookware on the NuWave as well. Nothing like cooking in a well seasoned cast iron skillet! Tim
The Webers
Me- Tim
DW- Dea
Pooch- JoJo boxer/lab mix
2010 Keystone Montana 3400RL Hickory Edition "The Taj Mahaul II"
2004.5 GMC Siera 2500HD SLT CC 4x4,6.6 Duramax/Allison, 3:73 gears, Firestone air bags, Reese 16K slider, TFI 45 gal fuel tank, Rhino Liner