cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Weight Watcher Recipes

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Let's get a new thread with Weight Watcher recipes only. Be sure to list points/and or calories so we can all keep track. I'll start off with this one.

Baked Coconut Shrimp

1 1/2 pounds Shrimp - Extra large, defrosted, shelled and deveined, rinsed and patted dry
1/3 cup cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
salt - dash
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon lime juice - fresh squeezed
1/3 cup egg whites
3/4 cup coconut

Preheat oven to 425ยฐ F. Lightly spray a large baking sheet with butter flavored cooking spray.
In a small bowl combine cornstarch, pepper & salt. In a small microwave safe dish heat up honey approx. 30-45 seconds
Add lime juice to honey and stir. Slowly add in egg whites and continue to stir.
Place coconut in a thin layer on a pie plate or flat dish.
Take each shrimp and first dip into cornstarch mixture, then in egg white mixture and finally roll in the coconut.
Place on the baking sheet and lightly spray with butter pam. Bake 10-15 minutes or until shrimp is pink and the coconut is lightly toasted.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 230 Calories; 10g Fat (42.3% calories from fat); trace Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 0mg Cholesterol; 96mg Sodium. Exchanges: 1 Grain (Starch); 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

WW Points: 3 servings at 5-P each OR 2 servings at 7-p EACH

I fix a sugar free peach jam with a liberal amount of grated horseradish to use as a dipping sauce. nAdd points accordingly.
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.
291 REPLIES 291

moonchild
Explorer
Explorer
I had some of the sauce (corn, beans and salsa) leftover from the Sante Fe Porkchops so tonight we had salad with the sauce and slice chicken breast on top. For a dressing, I made a cilantro cream sauce. Served warm tortillas on the side. It was pretty good.

Cilantro Cream Sauce

1 jalapeno pepper
1 bunch of cilantro
1 small garlic clove
Juice of 1 lime
1 (8 oz) container of plain yogurt or sour cream
1/2 tspn salt, or to taste

Split the jalapeno and remove stem and seeds. Coarsley chop the cilantro. Smash the garlic. Place in a food processor or blender with the lime juice and puree. With the machine running, add the yogurt and blend until smooth. Taste for seasoning and add salt and/or additional lime juice if needed. Makes about 1 1/2 cups.

Leo_Benson
Explorer
Explorer
moonchild wrote:
Made this last night and it was delicious. Sorry I don't have exact measurements but I dont' think you really need them.

Sante Fe Pork Chops

4 boneless pork chops, thick cut
1 pkg of taco seasoning - I used about 1/2 pkg
1 can of black beans - drained
frozen corn kernels - I used half a 16 oz bag
Salsa - I used about 1 1/2 cups. Use mild, medium or hot - it's your choice.

Rub pork chops with taco seasoning and cook in fry pan until done.
Add beans, corn and salsa and heat throughly. Your done!!!

Low fat, one pan, and full of flavor.

nice flavors!
I make something similar with turley kielbasa, brown rice, mexicorn, black beans, and a can of manwich. One pot (elec skillet) meal. Quick, easy, and tasty.

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
This looks really good..will try it this week. Thanks
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.

moonchild
Explorer
Explorer
Made this last night and it was delicious. Sorry I don't have exact measurements but I dont' think you really need them.

Sante Fe Pork Chops

4 boneless pork chops, thick cut
1 pkg of taco seasoning - I used about 1/2 pkg
1 can of black beans - drained
frozen corn kernels - I used half a 16 oz bag
Salsa - I used about 1 1/2 cups. Use mild, medium or hot - it's your choice.

Rub pork chops with taco seasoning and cook in fry pan until done.
Add beans, corn and salsa and heat throughly. Your done!!!

Low fat, one pan, and full of flavor.

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
KLO wrote:
Steve, that shrimp scampi sounds great! Do you think it would cut down ok? Just cooking for 1 right now, later it will be 2 again.

Yes. The scampi is a good one. I don't see why it wouldn't reduce. Just divide the recipe by 4 to get a single serving and by 2 to get it for two. The spices are more just to taste anyway.

KLO
Explorer
Explorer
Steve, that shrimp scampi sounds great! Do you think it would cut down ok? Just cooking for 1 right now, later it will be 2 again.

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
We had this last night. I served it with a baked Gold potato and sugar snap peas lightly steamed dressed with a tiny bit of olive oil and a sprinkle of Italian Seasoning mix.

Shrimp Scampi

4 tsp olive oil
1 1/4 pounds med shrimp, peeled (tails left on) and deveined
6-8 garlic cloves, minced
1 t tsp. corn starch
1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup + 1 T minced parsley
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
Red pepper flakes to taste
4 lemon slices

In a large nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Saute the shrimp until just pink, 2-3 min. Add the garlic and cook stirring constantly, about 30 seconds. With a slotted spoon transfer the shrimp to a platter, keep hot.

In the skillet, combine the corn starch, broth, wine, lemon juice, 1/4 cup of the parsley, the salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Boil, uncovered, until the sauce is reduced by half; shake in the red pepper flakes to taste;spoon over the shrimp. Serve garnished with the lemon slices and sprinkled with the remaining tablespoon of parsley.

Makes 4 servings

Per serving: 184 Calories, 6 gm total Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 219 mg Cholesterol, 404 mg sodium, 3 g Total Carbohydrate, 0 g Dietary Fiber, 24 g Protein, 58 mg Calcium.

WW Points: 4 pts per serving

The_Dunks
Explorer
Explorer
Steve This fish recipe sounds good. Thank you.
The Dunks - Terry and Steve
'05 Endeavor - The Oasis
'10 Jeep Liberty
In God We Trust

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Here is what we had last night. I was out of lemon juice and used lime juice instead and found it too strong. I overpowered the asparagus, but the fish was wonderful. I did some small red potatoes with this to complete the meal.

Chili-Rubbed Tilapia with Asparagus and Lemon

2 pounds asparagus, tough ends trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
1 pound tilapia, Pacific sole or other firm white fish fillets
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons lemon juice

Bring 1 inch of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Put asparagus in a steamer basket, place in the pan, cover and steam until tender-crisp, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a large plate, spreading out to cool.
Combine chili powder, garlic powder and 1/4 teaspoon salt on a plate. Dredge fillets in the spice mixture to coat. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the fish and cook until just opaque in the center, gently turning halfway, 5 to 7 minutes total. Divide among 4 plates. Immediately add lemon juice, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and asparagus to the pan and cook, stirring constantly, until the asparagus is coated and heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve the asparagus with the fish.

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Leo Benson wrote:
SteveRuff wrote:
Okay. I have had my little vacation from dieting and now I have to pay for it. How on earth can it take months to lose 20 lbs. but it seems only weeks to put it back on? My goal is 180, starting weight 203. Anyone want to come along with me? New recipes will appear as I find them and hopefully we can activate this again for the new folks.

just doesn't seem right, does it??!!
after our steak splurge last night, we are having grilled chicken breast, boneless/skinless, tonight. Maybe done up in some fresh herbs from the garden. Or glazed with some Autumnberry jelly I made last fall.
I've got some great salad greens out there, too. Arugula, red sails, and a few others. Homemade fat free croutons from homemade high fiber bread.
a brown rice pilaf, too, I guess.

I guess my head is in the right place for this because everything you mentioned sounds really good! I'm not familiar with Autimnberry jelly, but I have used sugar free raspberry for a chicken breast glaze and I'll bet it is similar. I have never gotten in to the bread making, but maybe this is the year to start.

Leo_Benson
Explorer
Explorer
SteveRuff wrote:
Okay. I have had my little vacation from dieting and now I have to pay for it. How on earth can it take months to lose 20 lbs. but it seems only weeks to put it back on? My goal is 180, starting weight 203. Anyone want to come along with me? New recipes will appear as I find them and hopefully we can activate this again for the new folks.

just doesn't seem right, does it??!!
after our steak splurge last night, we are having grilled chicken breast, boneless/skinless, tonight. Maybe done up in some fresh herbs from the garden. Or glazed with some Autumnberry jelly I made last fall.
I've got some great salad greens out there, too. Arugula, red sails, and a few others. Homemade fat free croutons from homemade high fiber bread.
a brown rice pilaf, too, I guess.

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Good ones folks. I am copying them to my recipe folder

dkingdoe
Explorer
Explorer
FRIED RICE

MAKES 5 SERVINGS
Serving Size: 1 cup
POINTS value 3

Ingredients:
2 cups cooked brown rice, fridge temperature
2 cups frozen diced carrots and peas
1 cup chopped bean sprouts
1 cup chopped mushrooms
3/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
1/4 cup chopped scallions
One packet (about 1 oz.) fried rice seasoning mix (like the kind by Kikkoman)
1 tbsp. light or low-sodium soy sauce
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/ 8 tsp. ground ginger
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:
In a small dish, combine seasoning mix, garlic powder, and ground ginger with soy sauce and 3 tbsp. warm water. Using a fork or whisk, stir until seasoning mix has dissolved. Set aside.

Spray a wok or very large pan with nonstick spray, and bring it to medium heat on the stove. Add egg substitute and scramble until cooked, using a spatula to break it up into bite-sized pieces. Remove scrambled bits from the wok or pan and set aside.

Add mushrooms and frozen vegetables to the wok or pan, and cook and stir until mushrooms have softened and all veggies are hot. Remove veggies and set aside with the egg-y bits.

Remove your wok or pan from heat, re-spray with nonstick spray, and bring to high heat on the stove. Add rice and seasoning mixture, and stir to combine. Add bean sprouts, scallions and the previously cooked veggies and scrambled eggs, and mix thoroughly to integrate. Cook and stir until entire mixture is hot, there is no liquid left in the pan, and rice is just beginning to crisp. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Scoop into bowls and serve! (Chopsticks not required.)

Calories: 167
Fat: 0.5g
Sodium: 630mg
Carbs: 30g
Fiber: 4g
Sugars: 4g
Protein: 8.5g
Stan & Doris ๐Ÿ™‚ (Retired 2012)
'13 Coachmen Pathfinder 404RB
'17 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited/Toad

coribdx
Explorer
Explorer
Sun Dried Tomato stuffed chicken breasts...
Points value: 5
Serves: 4

2tbs sun dried tomatoes, minced (not oil packed)
2 oz. soft goat cheese
1 tsp. thyme, chopped
1 pound uncooked boneless skinless chicken breasts (4, 4oz. pieces)
Salt
Pepper
1 tbs all purpose flour
1 cup dry white wine
1 tbs. cornstarch
1 cup fat free chicken broth
1 tbs. tomato paste
1 tbsp. parsley, chopped

In a small bowl combine tomatoes, goat cheese and thyme.

Using a sharp knife, cut a slit through the thickest part of the chicken breast making a pocket. Be careful not to cut all the way through

Stuff each breast with 1/4 of the cheese mixture. Season with salt and pepper, and dust with flour.

Spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray, add chicken and brown well. Remove and set aside.

Add wine to the pan, and reduce by half. Meanwhile in a small bowl, combine cornstarch, and 2 tbs broth together. Whisk cornstarch mixture, remaining broth, and tomato paste into wine. Return chicken breasts to the pan, bring to a simmer, and cook about 10 minutes until chicken is heated through.