cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

A New Campground WiFi Record

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
>200 Mbps download speed . . . yesterday afternoon it was only hovering around 100 Mbps.

Anyone else seeing speeds like these?
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs
23 REPLIES 23

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Not quite as fast as the OP, but this is LTE not WiFi

2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Yes, he is referring to wifi speeds. However I still do not understand the requirement for such speeds.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
I believe the OP was referring to campground provided WiFi speeds, not cellular speeds he was getting while at a campground.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

I do understand the sharing comment. However, when not throttled I'm getting 50 Mbps. I doubt I'm the only person connecting to the cell tower for data.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

CincyGus
Explorer II
Explorer II
pianotuna wrote:
I still don't understand the need for such speeds. I'm throttled at the moment and so dl is 2.0 mbps and up load is 1.4. I can watch netflix with no buffering.

If they are sharing it with a 100 campers that are on the network, they are all getting about the same 2.0 mbps you are. If it happens to be 200 people streaming youtube or netflix, then they are getting 1 mbps which isn't a great stream speed.
2015 GMC 2500 Denali Crewcab 4x4
2019 Forest River Wolfpack 23pack15

Hope your travels are safe and the friendships made camping are lasting.

mobilefleet
Explorer
Explorer
I can get around 10mbps using my phone's hotspot most anywhere, which is definitely faster than nearly all campground's wifi. Be careful of your data though when using a phone for this, a 1 hour show streaming on netflix or other service burns about 1GB per hour on SD quality viewing.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
I still don't understand the need for such speeds. I'm throttled at the moment and so dl is 2.0 mbps and up load is 1.4. I can watch netflix with no buffering.
Regards, Don

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
TechWriter wrote:
>200 Mbps download speed . . . yesterday afternoon it was only hovering around 100 Mbps.

Anyone else seeing speeds like these?

The campground must have FIOS installed and few people accessing it at the time you ran your test.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not checking, doesn't really matter to me. Nice link to your blog again though.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"