cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else getting SSL errors?

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
This morning I started getting an SSL error message from Kaspersky on any website I visited. My sister who is visiting me tried to log in to her AOL account and was blocked. I didn't see the message, but it referred to the SSL issue and something about logging in via a third party computer.

I tried to log in to my Amazon account, and received an error message. I made the suggested changes under the "Tools", "Internet Options", "Advanced" tabs on my IE browser and fixed the problem.

Anybody got some sage words of wisdom?
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!
5 REPLIES 5

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
There was recently a flaw found in SSL, Seems it has been there a while.. It may be that your program is refusing to let you connect using the flawed protocol.

IF that is the case it should be fixed soon.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Thunder_Mountai
Explorer II
Explorer II
1492 wrote:
No, don't check options for SSL in IE. Only for TLS. See my other thread on the subject.

Thanks for the information on your other thread. I cleaned up my computer and the wife's in about five minutes.

I just love this community!
2016 Winnebago Journey 40R
2018 Rubicon
1982 FJ40 Toyota Land Cruiser
2020 Keystone Outback 327CG
2020 Dodge Ram 2500
Polaris RZR XP 1000
4 Cats
3 Dogs
1 Bottle of Jack Daniels
Two old hippies still trying to find ourselves!

No, don't check options for SSL in IE. Only for TLS. See my other thread on the subject.

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Something to do with a recent update from Windows. Also had to go into the tools and reset the SSL ports that the update had unchecked.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

What browser are you using? It could be related to a recent vulnerability found in SSL 3.0 used in https connections? Long a standard for browser security, but now outdated and subject to man-in-the-middle attacks that uses a flaw to decrypt data. Most sites should now be utilizing TLS for encrypted web traffic.

Though I haven't looked specifically at Kaspersky, they may be blocking websites that rely on SSL 3.0 for https encryption? In which case, the website will either have to upgrade to the more secure TLS, or you need to make some kind of exception to allow access.

You may want to try another browser first to see if you have access to those block sites?