cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone use Fototime for photo hosting?

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Looks like Fototime has been down for a week and may be gone for good.
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos
45 REPLIES 45

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:
BradW wrote:
I need an easy solution that works on any forum, not just the rv.net forum.
ImageEvent should do it for you.

:R

Read the TOS..

HERE

"ImageEvent provides space for Member Albums but makes no implied or express warranties about the reliability of these albums. ImageEvent is not responsible for any damage caused by loss of access to, or deletion or alteration of Member albums; individual Members are responsible for monitoring and creating backups of their albums.

DISCLAIMER

YOUR USE OF THE ImageEvent SERVICE, INCLUDING ANY MATERIALS, DATA OR INFORMATION POSTED, SUBMITTED, DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE ImageEvent SERVICE, IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE ImageEvent SERVICE IS NEITHER DESIGNED NOR INTENDED TO BE USED AS A DISASTER RECOVERY FACILITY OR AS AN EMERGENCY DATA STORAGE FACILITY. ALTHOUGH ImageEvent TAKES REASONABLE PRECAUTIONS TO PRESERVE AND PROTECT THE MATERIAL YOU MAY UPLOAD TO THE ImageEvent SERVICE, YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON THE ImageEvent SERVICE AS YOUR ONLY SOURCE FOR THE MATERIAL YOU PROVIDE. YOU SHOULD KEEP YOUR OWN BACKUP COPIES OF ALL MATERIALS YOU MAY USE, OR ALLOW OTHERS TO USE, IN CONNECTION WITH THE ImageEvent SERVICE, INCLUDING MATERIALS POSTED OR SUBMITTED TO THE ImageEvent SERVICE.

THE OPERATION OF THE ImageEvent SERVICE MAY BE AFFECTED BY NUMEROUS FACTORS BEYOND ImageEvent'S CONTROL. THE OPERATION OF THE ImageEvent SERVICE MAY NOT BE CONTINUOUS OR UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE. SECURITY AND PRIVACY RISKS CANNOT BE ELIMINATED. PASSWORD PROTECTION MAY NOT PREVENT UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO MATERIALS YOU MAY USE OR ALLOW OTHER PERSONS TO USE IN CONNECTION WITH THE ImageEvent SERVICE, INCLUDING MATERIALS POSTED OR SUBMITTED TO THE ImageEvent SERVICE.

THE ImageEvent SERVICE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, AND WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, PERFORMANCE, OR DURABILITY, ALL OF WHICH ARE HEREBY DISCLAIMED BY ImageEvent AND ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. "

Just because you have had no problem with your storage, doesn't mean it will be available or work forever..

Chances are, it too will eventually fall..

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
BradW wrote:
AsheGuy wrote:
In spite of the many complicated solutions suggested here for putting a photo in a post, it's not that complicated. The simplest way is to use the RV.NET provided Photo Post & Upload website that properly sizes the photo and provides a link to copy and past here.

With fototime, I could just right click on the photo and it copied a link to my clipboard that I could paste anywhere. I could post the image or a link to the image. I could also create albums containing photos for a certain topic, like a vacation and then easily copy and paste the link to the album anywhere.

Actually, you can use the RV.net photo posting is great for other websites..

You can copy entire URL from that app, then remove the RV.net forum specific parts. which is the beginning part where you see the brackets..

So what you would see as " bracket IMG bracket" at the beginning and " bracket /img bracket " at the end you can remove and now you have a photo usable on other websites.

So, a jpg I posted using the RV.net app would now look like this once I remove the RV.net formating..

https://i.imgur.com/cc5OEwzl.jpg

And it does work just by dropping that address above into your browser..

Here is that link setup as a clickable link HERE

Those photos are hosted on imgur.com and supposedly (I have not tried it) you are supposed to be able to manage them.. You could even sign up for imgur for your own account..

https://imgurinc.com/about

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
BradW wrote:
ImageEvent should do it for you.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
AsheGuy wrote:
In spite of the many complicated solutions suggested here for putting a photo in a post, it's not that complicated. The simplest way is to use the RV.NET provided Photo Post & Upload website that properly sizes the photo and provides a link to copy and past here.

With fototime, I could just right click on the photo and it copied a link to my clipboard that I could paste anywhere. I could post the image or a link to the image. I could also create albums containing photos for a certain topic, like a vacation and then easily copy and paste the link to the album anywhere.
Wake Up America

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gdetrailer wrote:
Should also note, you missed filling in the height when you attempted to post the photo, you will need to fill in both height and width when you use that option.

You don't have to enter both height and width. You can just enter the width you want and the rv.net software will set the height for you based on the original h/w ratio.
Wake Up America

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:
Seems pretty complicated.. for now. I put a picture on ImageEvent, I grab the url, paste, done.

I will add, it does "seem complicated" to work things like this out, but as the OP and myself have found out, photo hosting sites DO disappear regardless of being a "paid for site" or a "free site"..

I am glad what you have and use works and it will work great up to the point into the owners decide that they are not making enough money to continue operations, sell out, change the TOS or just plain leave town without a trace and you have no more access to your online photos and all of your links now go nowhere..

That IS the problem with online storage, you don't own the storage facility, equipment or connections, someone else does, someone else foots the bills to keep the servers powered and connected 24/7 and when the cost of operations exceeds their "income" from customers and or ads they face a decision to foot the extra cost, raise prices, restrict/reduce features or just completely shut down and cease operations.

Anyone can startup their own file hosting site, but it takes money to buy or rent equipment and storage space, it costs money for the high speed and the amount of concurrent connections that the ISP will allow, costs money to buy and maintain domain names, costs money to get customers, costs money to service the customers when something goes wrong.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Looks like I am the right track..

Read info here

Folks using MS "One Drive" will also experience the same issue..

Acutally good to know, have been planning to stand up a website devoted to my Antique Vehicles and was planning to use Google drive to handle photo storage.. Have a rough website on a thumb drive that is a collaboration between myself and my DD (she needed to build a website for one of her Graphics Arts classes)..

AsheGuy
Explorer
Explorer
BradW wrote:

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipO2g3ya2X9_fySA-Mmrumc2QMTNWZbaxUmHaOyO

The google photo image link dose not work. The clickable google photo link does work.

In spite of the many complicated solutions suggested here for putting a photo in a post, it's not that complicated. The simplest way is to use the RV.NET provided Photo Post & Upload website that properly sizes the photo and provides a link to copy and past here (Example):

The other way is to use the RV.Net link icon at the top of the posting window to link to any photo hosting site to display your photo(s). This example uses a link provided by Google Photos (using Google Drive just complicates the process) to an "Album" with one photo. Example: Sunrise
David & Margaret - 2005 LTV 210B 3S
- Our Blog -

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:
Seems pretty complicated.. for now. I put a picture on ImageEvent, I grab the url, paste, done.

For pictures only I typically just use the "PhotoPosting Is Great" app that 1492 setup for the forum..

Never really tried direct pictures from Google drive as most of what I have shared I did in a PDF file.

What I have figured out is Google drive is "anonymizing" (hiding) the actual URL file name so the link does not have the proper jpg or picture file extension that the forum software is expecting..

Not sure if that can be changed..

Example is this link..

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j-nCvW37Dx7QALJsn_113_NDYREZ8Wkq/view?usp=sharing

The only way I can figure out how to fix that is to make it a clickable link like THIS LINK

From that link it opens up a Google app which opens the photo.

For general pictures that you don't need in some album you can use Rv.net photo posting is great setup by member 1492. You can save the links and copy them into a word doc for future use.

that app adds in the proper format the forum needs so you can just paste into your forum posting.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
BradW wrote:

The google photo image link dose not work. The clickable google photo link does work.

Wants me to verify who I am..

You need to go to advanced settings and adjust the settings to not require login or password.. Default is most likely requiring a login.

Not sure if you get the same screens, I had saved this pix yrs ago, you should see an advanced setting on the bottom left of the box..

Once you have the access settings set to no password or login required you can then get the shareable URL link.

Should also note, you missed filling in the height when you attempted to post the photo, you will need to fill in both height and width when you use that option.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
RV net photo posting link step 1

Step 2

Just a note, those photos above I used the Photo hosting app provided by 1492 which automatically adds in proper img formating for the forum not my Google drive, I often will place one and done photos online by using that app..

You can of course save the links generated by the hosting app in a word doc or notepad doc for future needs if you like.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:
Thanks, but I mean display it on here sans links. 1492 did it but I'll be darned if I can figure out how.

When you generate the hot link in Google drive, you need to copy the entire shareable URL hot link for that photo to the clipboard.

FOR PICTURES ONLY! Once you have the URL link, you use the advanced posting editor and hit the little yellow square box which looks like a mountain scene with a sun..

Paste the URL you copied from the Google drive there and make sure you set the width and height to no more than the max allowed on the forum (500 Wide by 100 high I believe)..

The trick here is getting your folder on Google drive setup as sharing without password or login required.. Only put items in that folder that you don't mind having shared.

I believe there is a setting for Read only on the folder that you might wish to enable if it is not by default, otherwise those items will be editable and possibly deleted..

You can also create a shareable hotlink to the folder and when you give that link all items in that folder can be viewed (sort of like a "photo album" of sorts but not sorted and no captions).

Been a while since I setup a shared folder so memory is a bit fuzzy and if all else fails, just do a search on how to setup a shared folder on Google drive.. I think that is how I figured it out.

Some of the terminology they use is confusing..

I might also add, to make things easy on my side and so I don't always have to open Google drive to get a link in the future, I create a document in Word or even notepad and paste that link from the clipboard into that document with a note of what that link is for. Save the document and now I have a quick reference of those shared docs.

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II

Wake Up America

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks, but I mean display it on here sans links. 1492 did it but I'll be darned if I can figure out how.