Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AT&T Unlimited LTE Hotspot $20 without AT&T phones

lexi51
Explorer
Explorer
Long time lurker first time poster here

I found out about this a few months ago as I had AT&T phones on the unlimited plan at the time and added it. It works great, the thing is now they offer a stand alone plan for $20 also so anyone can get it. You can get all the details on this cellular forum. Just thought I would pass along.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1894167-Stand-alone-AT-amp-amp-T-Unlimited-ZTE-Mobley-Hotspot-now-only-20!!!!!

(update.... most details are now in this thread so just keep reading ๐Ÿ™‚

Device is called a ZTE Mobley and its designed for cars, but can be used anywhere with an adapter, also AT&T seems to never slow your data no matter how much you use.

Adapters can be purchased:
Amazon, some are even prime

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071RZYF8V?m=A27DVM5RJOXCTZ&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07144ZVRP?m=A27DVM5RJOXCTZ&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page

Ebay sells them also though some of the newer sellers look sketchy

These are the 2 original sellers and a known to be good.

EBAY liNK

EBAY Link 2

AT&T connected car # 1-866-595-1250

Now $20 unlimited plan is available online

https://www.att.com/devices/zte/mobley.html#sku=sku7700323

UPDATE: 5/27/17
ZTE mobley appears to finally be back in stock on AT&T website.
846 REPLIES 846

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
I went to activate the Mobley I purchased from ABC. While it had an AT&T SIM in it, no one could find the phone number which everyone seemed to need to activate it on line. I eventually took it to our local AT&T store, they replaced the SIM & within 5 minutes I was up & running. NY has more "fees" than some states - $28.04 per month final cost.

lexi51
Explorer
Explorer
JJnLilly wrote:
Received the Mobley on Friday and contacted ATT Saturday. They shipped me a SIM and today put it in and tried to activate. Spent over four hours between AT&T and ZTE and no connection. AT&T says it is ZTE and says it is ZTE. About to give up.

Are you talking to the connected car dept? Make sure they are giving you the correct plan also.

JJnLilly
Explorer
Explorer
Received the Mobley on Friday and contacted ATT Saturday. They shipped me a SIM and today put it in and tried to activate. Spent over four hours between AT&T and ZTE and no connection. AT&T says it is ZTE and says it is ZTE. About to give up.
2007 Ram 2500 QC CTD
2020 Passport GT 2210

lexi51
Explorer
Explorer
ABC warehouse has ZTE Mobley's back in stock for anyone needing one.

http://www.abcwarehouse.com/att-6934a

MrWizard
Yes that would work,
You might end up "later" calling AT&T with the new device emid number
To keep you account clear of errors
But the replacement Mobley should work with no problems
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Hunter11
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for the replies. We are headed out for a couple of weeks so it will be our first chance to use the Mobley in other areas. One place we spend a lot of time is a rural area and if it works good there we are going to cancel our current internet provider when we get back.

I would like to ask one other question that crossed my mind the other day. If you own a Mobley and let's say it goes bad would it be as simple as buying a new one and just swapping the Sim card from the active one to the new one and keep on trucking or is there more to it than that? I would think the information AT&T has would all be on the card. May be a dumb question but I was just wondering how the process would work if your Mobley ever died.
2017 Chevrolet 3500 4DR LTZ DRW LWB 4X4 D/A
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4DR
2016 DRV Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
I have been using the Mobley for over 3 months now exceeding 40+GB each month with no noticeable slow down in service. Mine consistently runs 10mbs or faster.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
We've gone well over 22GB and so far haven't seen any noticeable slowdowns beyond the variations we normally see when moving from tower to tower. Even if we are "deprioritized" at some point on a busy tower, AT&T says we'll only be dropped to 1.2Mbps for the duration of the congestion, not to the 600Kbps that Verizon throttles subscribers to for the duration of the billing cycle.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Hunter11 wrote:
Of those of you that have been using the Mobley for a while now how many gigs have some of you used per month and have you noticed any slow downs? Our current Internet service is costing us $80 a month and we have been using 30 to 40 gigs per month on it. I would really like to ditch it and just use the Mobley. Anyone had any issues after reaching the 22 gig point?
Of course you could get two, "one for each car" :W, and still be way ahead of the game.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
Hunter11 wrote:
Of those of you that have been using the Mobley for a while now how many gigs have some of you used per month and have you noticed any slow downs? Our current Internet service is costing us $80 a month and we have been using 30 to 40 gigs per month on it. I would really like to ditch it and just use the Mobley. Anyone had any issues after reaching the 22 gig point?

The results you have after 22GB will depend on your location, time of day, etc. What other people have experienced is pretty irrelevant to what you may experience. If the towers are congested, you may experience a slow down.

I've never had a slowdown, but I'm in a fairly rural area where towers are not overloaded. It will be different for everyone.

Hunter11
Explorer II
Explorer II
2017 Chevrolet 3500 4DR LTZ DRW LWB 4X4 D/A
2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4DR
2016 DRV Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
I have just returned from my local Best Buy. I was able to purchase a Mobley, even though they showed none in stock on the website or at the store. The salesman was very candid about the issue. He stated that many of the Best Buy stores will not show some items as in stock when there are 1 or 2 left. Some are kept off the inventory so corporate won't recall them to sell online and the local store would lose the sale. He said they will not tell you over the phone if they have it to avoid the hassle if someone comes in and it is gone already.
So with the experience I just had it might be a good thing to go in and try. You might get lucky too.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
bob_nestor wrote:

Anything can happen in the future and anyone who thinks they can predict the future is blowing smoke But, lately all the phone providers have been in a pricing and capabilities battle. Prices have been declining, service has been getting better along with coverage and options. So I'd be inclined to think that the plan won't go up in price in the near future. I opted to buy outright and go on contract. A few things I've noticed: Didn't appear to work at all when I traveled thru Canada although my OnStar hotspot on AT&T did. It also appears that Mobley is confined to only work on AT&T towers, I've yet to see it roam. That's OK with me as I'm parked for the summer right under an AT&T tower and service has been great.

Maybe it will roam in Canada if you select this option on the home page in the router.

International Data Roaming
Enables mobile data such as email, web browsing, and push notifications over the cellular network when roaming outside the U.S., Puerto Rico and USVI. International roaming data charges will apply.
International Data On Off Apply

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

ralphnjoann
Explorer
Explorer
RLS7201 wrote:
While setting up the bridge, I got thinking, why not defeat the 5 device limit and share the internet when out in the MH. So off to the Internet again to see how to set up a repeater. For those unfamiliar with the WRT54G router, it has a 12 volt wall wart. So it can be powered by the MHs 12 volt system. After making a few "fat finger" mistakes, I got the repeater working also. One caveat to using a wireless repeater is the reduction in speed by about ยฝ. I do have the WRT54G set up with an outside antenna and the router power turned up from 23mW to 71mW.
If you're out camping and see "95bounder" as a SSID, come knock on my door and I'll share the internet with you, at ยฝ speed.;)
Thanks for the information. It gave me the idea to drag out my old Linksys WRT54GL "JefaTech-converted-to-repeater" router to see if I could make it work. After a firmware update, I was connected to the Mobley in less than a minute.

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
joeshmoe wrote:
So what happens when they decide to raise the price in a year or two or less? Those that sign up for the 2 year plan might actually get the better deal in the long run if they do increase or just eliminate it all together.
The secrecy of this device and plan has me wondering. Is it just to fill a niche market that wants cheap mobile internet service without revealing it to the masses? Is it just a trial run? The availability of the Mobley is almost non-existent now.

Anything can happen in the future and anyone who thinks they can predict the future is blowing smoke But, lately all the phone providers have been in a pricing and capabilities battle. Prices have been declining, service has been getting better along with coverage and options. So I'd be inclined to think that the plan won't go up in price in the near future. I opted to buy outright and go on contract. A few things I've noticed: Didn't appear to work at all when I traveled thru Canada although my OnStar hotspot on AT&T did. It also appears that Mobley is confined to only work on AT&T towers, I've yet to see it roam. That's OK with me as I'm parked for the summer right under an AT&T tower and service has been great.