Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AT&T Unlimited LTE Hotspot $20 without AT&T phones

lexi51
Explorer
Explorer
Long time lurker first time poster here

I found out about this a few months ago as I had AT&T phones on the unlimited plan at the time and added it. It works great, the thing is now they offer a stand alone plan for $20 also so anyone can get it. You can get all the details on this cellular forum. Just thought I would pass along.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1894167-Stand-alone-AT-amp-amp-T-Unlimited-ZTE-Mobley-Hotspot-now-only-20!!!!!

(update.... most details are now in this thread so just keep reading ๐Ÿ™‚

Device is called a ZTE Mobley and its designed for cars, but can be used anywhere with an adapter, also AT&T seems to never slow your data no matter how much you use.

Adapters can be purchased:
Amazon, some are even prime

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071RZYF8V?m=A27DVM5RJOXCTZ&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07144ZVRP?m=A27DVM5RJOXCTZ&ref_=v_sp_widget_detail_page

Ebay sells them also though some of the newer sellers look sketchy

These are the 2 original sellers and a known to be good.

EBAY liNK

EBAY Link 2

AT&T connected car # 1-866-595-1250

Now $20 unlimited plan is available online

https://www.att.com/devices/zte/mobley.html#sku=sku7700323

UPDATE: 5/27/17
ZTE mobley appears to finally be back in stock on AT&T website.
846 REPLIES 846

Heisenberg
Explorer
Explorer
When I log in at AT&T my bill is in the box on the right and my usage is in the box on the left.
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado

AMOS33
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
magicbus wrote:
I am at -108 (one to two bars on the Mobley) right now and working fine. This past month I actually went to 26 gig and didn't hear a thing from AT&T except that I owe them $22.01 for the service :W.

Dave

We used about 70GB last month and the bill was the same as yours. I'm currently using the Mobley SIM in a Netgear Unite hotspot, so my signal readings and speeds are not directly comparable to the Mobley...

I am a new ZTE Mobley user. As yet I am unable to log in to check my Wifi useage. Any pointers would be appreciated.
"No matter how far you go...there you are?"

2006 Jay Flight 31 BHDS

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
It is possible to get a good signal to a congested tower for terrible results. I have all four carriers, it happens to the best of them. (yes even Verizon)
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
I called AT&T; they referred me to ZTE which referred me to AT&T.
That sounds like the customer service I got when I was trying to get my Mobley activated :B.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
magicbus wrote:
I am at -108 (one to two bars on the Mobley) right now and working fine. This past month I actually went to 26 gig and didn't hear a thing from AT&T except that I owe them $22.01 for the service :W.

Dave

We used about 70GB last month and the bill was the same as yours. I'm currently using the Mobley SIM in a Netgear Unite hotspot, so my signal readings and speeds are not directly comparable to the Mobley...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

jhilley
Explorer
Explorer
Jbird wrote:
magicbus wrote:
Jbird wrote:
... I think must be a decent signal (-74dbm) 4g and it varies from so slow I cant use it to miserably slow,... Could be I get what I pay for. At least I'll not have to worry about 22g line in this lifetime.

Dave

May be a difference between 4g and 4gLTE or maybe something is wrong with my setup.I have 4bars 4G and SLOW internet. I called AT&T; they referred me to ZTE which referred me to AT&T.

It's possible that the slowness is on the WiFi side of the Mobley. How far are you from the Mobley and are there other WiFi networks near by?
2003 Winnebago Adventurer 38G F53 Chassis Solar Power
1999 Winnebago Brave 35C F53 Chassis Solar power
Handicap Equipped with Lift & Hospital Bed
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport
1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade

Jbird
Explorer
Explorer
magicbus wrote:
Jbird wrote:
... I think must be a decent signal (-74dbm) 4g and it varies from so slow I cant use it to miserably slow,... Could be I get what I pay for. At least I'll not have to worry about 22g line in this lifetime.

Dave

May be a difference between 4g and 4gLTE or maybe something is wrong with my setup.I have 4bars 4G and SLOW internet. I called AT&T; they referred me to ZTE which referred me to AT&T.
36' Mobile Suites,Chev 3500 Duramax

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Jbird wrote:

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

Jbird
Explorer
Explorer
Now in Gunnison Co with what I think must be a decent signal (-74dbm) 4g and it varies from so slow I cant use it to miserably slow,but useable for emails. As usual,Verizon mifi is plenty fast (and expensive). Could be I get what I pay for. At least I'll not have to worry about 22g line in this lifetime.

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
The AT&T website has been "out of stock" for two weeks now, looks like this deal is over. Online survey of stores shows same "out of stock".

Dtank
Explorer
Explorer
Jbird - keep us posted of your "Mobley adventures"!

Good (and interesting) stuff!

..:C

Jbird
Explorer
Explorer
JiminDenver wrote:
HSPA+ is not all that slow. I don't know its limits but I use to see near 7 Mbps down in a very challenging area of Denver. A boosted signal doesn't always fix everything either. My Mobley is on 4G from some far off tower while remote boondocking in the Rockies. All the booster does is keep it connected when that far off tower becomes congested at 9 am everyday. It can be slow but without the booster and directional antenna, it is nothing. Sprint and T-mobile are often like that. Show no signal until they hit the cradle.

I'm in the Rockies-----turns out the signal I'm getting for the Mobley is a T-Mobile; cant get internet at all in spite of a "strong" signal of -68db,but wouldn't use it anyway because it indicates "roaming". Verizon with no boost is strong and quick--and expensive. The catch to unlimited data with the Mobley as I move around is going to be getting an AT&T signal.

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
HSPA+ is not all that slow. I don't know its limits but I use to see near 7 Mbps down in a very challenging area of Denver. A boosted signal doesn't always fix everything either. My Mobley is on 4G from some far off tower while remote boondocking in the Rockies. All the booster does is keep it connected when that far off tower becomes congested at 9 am everyday. It can be slow but without the booster and directional antenna, it is nothing. Sprint and T-mobile are often like that. Show no signal until they hit the cradle.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

Jbird
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in an area with very poor signal (AT&T). Nothing with Mobley unless I use my Sleek,whereupon I get a strong (-68db) HGTA+ which I thought should give me (slow) internet,but my laptop just tells me no internet. Is there some setting I should change or am I just out of luck (I have a great Verizon signal and an expensive data plan which I can use,but....) Same issue as poster above I think

OOPs that's HSPA+

BoonHauler
Explorer
Explorer
blackcows wrote:
BoonHauler wrote:

I'm in the Eastern Sierra along Hwy 395 and have very poor AT&T internet. I've had to use my Verizon service here. The AT&T coverage map shows I'm camped right on the border of LTE and 4G coverage.

With my booster I have a signal strength of -79db, great signal but that doesn't matter much out here I guess.

Glad I have both Verizon and AT&T services just that Verizon is so darn expensive .... =(

Can you tell me a bit more about using a booster? My rv is actually a horse trailer with living quarters. Our trips consist mostly of 2 or 3 day horse shows so internet is really just for the roku tvs. Netflix etc. wondering if it would be practical to add a booster?

Blackcows:

I use a WeBoost 4G-M Cellular Booster, for what you're doing that would work well. Here's a link for you ....

https://www.amazon.com/weBoost-Drive-Phone-Signal-Booster/dp/B00RHMFPEU
05 RAM 3500 CTD 4x4 Q/C Laramie DRW/NV5600/3.73, B&W Gooseneck, MaxBrake, PacBrake PRXB, Brite Box Fogster, BD steering Box Brace
2014 BoonHauler 3614