cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

AT&T ZTE Mobley - *NO* grief - availability & sign-up! FYI

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Read thru the various ZTE Mobley threads regarding the $20. per month unlimited data plan.

See: "AT&T Unlimited LTE Hotspot Without AT&T Phones", by lexi51

("lexidog" has a similar thread running on the Escapees "Internet Access On The Road" - forum.)

BTW - Thanks to "lexi51 for starting the thread/s!

Looks/sounds great! - but posters here and elsewhere were indicating problems finding the device *AND* sometimes major problems signing up for the plan..:(

Preferred to see if I could locate a device at any of the Best Buy stores in my area (So. CA) - before mail-ordering.

Local Best Buy indicated they had three.

Went to BB on Sunday, 4-9.
Bought the device (outright, not 2 yr contract).
Young guy not too 'tuned in' to how to sign up - and he *thought* it
had to be done at an AT&T store.

OK with that - but figured here comes the battle to accomplish the sign-up part.
Today, Monday 4-10, went to the AT&T store. Guy helping me had never heard of the: "Connected Car Stand alone Unlimited Data Plan" at $20 per month"- even asked one of his associates if he had done a sign-up. (No help).
Hoooo boy! - Here we go!..:R
When he was scrolling thru the plans, I mentioned (what I had read) that the plan is "down at the bottom")

But - he got busy on his tablet - I figured we might hit a glitch when he had me enter my SS# - as I have credit freezes at the credit bureaus. No problem...about 10 minutes total and he had it done.

His comment: "This is really a good deal - I want one!"
Verified the plan, cost, and a one-time set-up fee of $25.

He offered to take it out to my vehicle and check it out.
Sure - why not (I didn't volunteer I would be using a 110v connection, LOL)
He walked out to my SUV, plugged it into the OBD2 port, and bingo, up and running.

So - (now) head back to those other threads for more Q and A info, "refinements" and "tweaks" for your particular use...:C

~
8 REPLIES 8

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Our Mobley is working fine here, giving us 20-30 Mbps speeds down and 10-15 Mbps up. I made a $4 USB power cord for it that I can use with pretty much any USB port, including a 120-volt or 12-volt adapter or a USB battery pack.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Had our for 4 days now with good luck. Took FOREVER for Best Buy and the ATT agent they called to figure it all out and get the thing activated. Bit the bullet and bought one of the overpriced adapters. It, too, worked perfectly. Been wanting to tell Charter to do something nasty with their $45 a month internet service. Best Buy gives a 14 day return window..if it's still woking good by then, it stays and Charter leaves. The Mobley streams video fine and plays my online games just as fast as Charter's wired service. One of the best deals out there!

MrWizard
Yeah
I've been down loading a much of country music specials from YouTube, for the dw, putting them on her Lenovo tablet, 22 days and I'm at 75 gb, I had to buy a new micro sd card to put it all on

I'm sure next billing period will be substantially less data use
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Gulfcoast
Explorer
Explorer
This is the best unlimited plan I have ever seen, and only $20 a month. I still can't believe we lucked up on such a great deal.
RV'ing since 1960
Dodge Cummins Diesel
Mega Cab
Jayco Travel Trailer

JiminDenver
Explorer
Explorer
I tried ordering it twice online with AT&T only to have the orders cancelled because they could not verify who I was. Tried to order it online at Best buy but could not. Called Best buy and was told I could order it at one store because they were out of stock and have it shipped to the store where I would be next. Tried this and they could not do it. Went to a AT&T store and had to order it as none near here have it. Had to convince sales person it could be done with out a AT&T account to connect it too by having him go through the online order system. Went through the verification and it is being sent no money down, no cost for the device and no set up fee. The sales person thanked me many times for bringing the deal to his attention and showing him how to get it. Had to have it sent to a shipper I use that will forward it where I will be next. I have already received the adapter off of ebay so my cost so far are $47.

What a ordeal but worth it for the $20 unlimited data.
2011 GulfStream Amerilite 25BH
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w tilting portable/ TS-MPPT-45
750w solar , TS-MPPT-60 on the trailer
675 Ah bank, Trip-lite 1250fc inverter
Sportsman 2200w inverter generator

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
garyemunson wrote:
Have you tried video streaming with it yet? Is it fast enough to use with Amazon prime?

I also tried it with Amazon Prime without issue. I didn't stick it our for a full hour but there was no indication that there should be any issues with extended use.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I watched a 4k UHD video on Amazon (via Firestick) while connected to the Mobley and it worked without a glitch.

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried video streaming with it yet? Is it fast enough to use with Amazon prime?