cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Changing from Dish to Direct TV

hpdrver
Explorer
Explorer
Currently we have a dish Wally that we use with our Winegard T4 Dome satellite dish. This has worked great since our home service was Dish. We also use ATT for cellphone and internet service. However, Due to a great deal they offered us with a bundle, we switched our home service to Direct TV and changed our Dish service to pay as you go.

However, I am now thinking of using Direct Tv in our coach with our home receiver and dropping Dish completely. We know we need a swm-840 kit for our dome and we will only receive SD programming but has anyone done this switch and is happy with lesser service from Direct TV. Thanks
Texas Two Step
2021 Coach House 272XLFR
2020 JL Jeep Wrangler
6 REPLIES 6

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bill.Satellite wrote:
have searched everywhere for this information and cannot find any confirmation of that fact.
Solidsignal dot com
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ivylog wrote:
Direct is discontinuing SD service on sat 101 in 2019 (HD/ku on 99 & 103 only) making your domed dish useless if you switch from Dish.

I have searched everywhere for this information and cannot find any confirmation of that fact. Could you point me to this information? Additionally, DirecTV would have to be shutting down the 101 KU band satellite to make a dome useless. Could you point me to that information as well?
Many thanks!
Side note, 99 and 103 are KA (bad for a dome). 101 is KU which is good.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
hpdrver wrote:
We know we need a swm-840 kit for our dome and we will only receive SD programming but has anyone done this switch and is happy with lesser service from Direct TV. Thanks
I wouldn't be. SD programming has a bleak future.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Direct is discontinuing SD service on sat 101 in 2019 (HD/ku on 99 & 103 only) making your domed dish useless if you switch from Dish.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

LetsRV
Explorer
Explorer
Yea, what Big Katuna said...
Due to depreciation the above opinions are now worth less than what you paid for them.

We are all good at something.....
I just happen to be a good bad example.

2016 Forest River Forester 3011DSF

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had DTV for like 15 years and switched a year ago to DISH and prefer it over to DTV muchly.

Got a new-customer better rate but mainly because I bought a Winegard Pathway X 2 carryout which enables me to get either eastern or western arc HD with a carryout, no HD or DVR fees ever.

ALso I have found DISH easier to deal with changing locals.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.