cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish TV

cchisum
Explorer
Explorer
We have 3 Dish Network receivers. Two of them in our home and one in our rv. When we use the one in the rv, Dish changes our address on all our receivers. I have tried to explain that two of them will never move from the existing address. If we don't change the address, we do not get our programing. We know we will not get locals, and that is okay. Has anyone else had this problem?
16 REPLIES 16

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Obviously, this is not a discussion about receiving local while still within your local spot-beam. When you move outside your local spot-beam you MUST either call Dish and have them change your service address (on all receivers on the account) or you must NOT change the service address and depend upon your OTA TV antenna for ALL Network TV programming,

Yup....and can be done by phone or online in little time at all.

We like the HD from DISH...OTA? Don't remember the last time we've ever used it.
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
We prefer to receive the locals where we are when traveling, so the Dish Hopper we leave at our Adirondack cottage often won't get the satellite locals. Fortunately the OTA reception there is quite good, so the locals can still be viewed and recorded with the Hopper using the optional USB OTA adapter.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Obviously, this is not a discussion about receiving local while still within your local spot-beam. When you move outside your local spot-beam you MUST either call Dish and have them change your service address (on all receivers on the account) or you must NOT change the service address and depend upon your OTA TV antenna for ALL Network TV programming,
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
You should always get your subscribed programming as long as receiver is activated and satellite antenna is properly pointed with all 3 sats locked in. Locals would also be available if you're RVing within your home's spotbeam. We use Dish chat whether at home or on the road and they seem to have better info on dealing with RV issues, we just use our smartphone and within a few minutes we are enjoying all the same channels we have at home.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Agree with others, that is normal. Address is per account, not per receiver. We had the same issue, but since no one was at home when we traveled, it did not matter that the home receivers no longer received the local channels. But after our daughter moved back in, she could not watch our home locals if we changed our service address. So I changed the receiver in the RV to a separate dishformyrv pay by the month account. Now I can change the RV service address without affecting the home service address.

There are places we go where OTA is not available due to distance from towers.

harley-dave
Explorer
Explorer
We don't bother changing the address. Our OTA antenna works great for locals in almost all locations. We just switch the input on the TV and watch.

Dave
2005 Winnebago-Itasca Sundancer 31C
2010 Harley-Davidson Soft tail Deluxe
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4X4
SKP # 121272

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
cchisum wrote:
We have 3 Dish Network receivers. Two of them in our home and one in our rv. When we use the one in the rv, Dish changes our address on all our receivers. I have tried to explain that two of them will never move from the existing address. If we don't change the address, we do not get our programing. We know we will not get locals, and that is okay. Has anyone else had this problem?

This is normal as the entire account service address is changed. The only way to resolve the problem is to create a separate account for the RV which can be the pay-as-you-go plan if you only use the RV occasionally.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Explorer II
Explorer II
I just went through this on Thursday.
I have a dedicated model 322 receiver in our camper on a pay as we go program. They know this receiver is not in our home. I called Dish to request it activated. They asked for the model number and serial number on the smart card. They did not ask where I was nor did I tell them. Within a few minutes it's working just as if I was home.
I came home yesterday evening and the home system works as I left it.

Request your camper receiver to be placed on the pay as you go plan and they should handle it separately. That's how it works for me.
2011 Ford F-150 EcoBoost SuperCab Max Tow, 2084# Payload, 11,300# Tow,
Timbrens
2013 KZ Durango 2857

VoodooMedicineM
Explorer
Explorer
Dutch_12078 wrote:
As said, service address changes are for the entire account, not individual receivers. If you don't care about getting the local stations where your RV is, then don't change your service address. You'll still get all of the other none spot beamed programming.

X2
Bill and Joey the dog

Busdriver
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think they have a program for rv something 30or 35$ per mo

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
You don't need to change the address to get your programming. why do you think you do? it's all national except your locals. leave the address set at your home and travel. If locals are important then change your "service"address , you won't get locals at home but you aren't there right ? As said all receivers on the same account are "supposed" to be in the same location
Bill

Supercharged
Explorer
Explorer
Go talk to the wall for 30 mins. see if you have it right after that.
So big a world, so little time to see.

Us_out_West
Explorer
Explorer
bob213 wrote:
Don't believe they can change by tuner. Location is changed by account.

The correct answer!!
Our Trip Journal

2012 Jayco Pinnacle (View)
36 KitchenPantryTripleSlide
MorRyde pin box and suspension, Curt Q24, Dual Pane windows, Auto Levelers, 2 AC's,and more.

2009 Silverado 3500HD 4X4 (View)
CC, Dura-Max 6.6/Allison,LB ,DRW,Amer. Tank 65 gal. Aux Fuel

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
As said, service address changes are for the entire account, not individual receivers. If you don't care about getting the local stations where your RV is, then don't change your service address. You'll still get all of the other none spot beamed programming.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate