cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Buying from Camping World is awful

deprived
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a shower surround from Campingworld's web-site last Saturday. By Tuesday I had heard nothing from CW - not even a tracking number. Nothing. So I ordered the same item off of Amazon and it's going to be here this Saturday. Boom. That's how you do business, kids.

Then I called Campingworld's customer service to cancel the order. Here's the thing: my order hasn't even shipped yet. It's still in a warehouse somewhere but they won't let me cancel my order.

To sum up : Nearly a week later my item is still sitting there, unshipped, and I want to cancel the order but they're going to send it to me anyway. If it was in-transit, I could understand.

You guys are the worst.
18 REPLIES 18

EA_Williams
Explorer
Explorer
Eventually CW is going to run out of first time buyers.

karthikeyan
Explorer
Explorer
This is good post

deprived wrote:
I purchased a shower surround from Campingworld's web-site last Saturday. By Tuesday I had heard nothing from CW - not even a tracking number. Nothing. So I ordered the same item off of Amazon and it's going to be here this Saturday. Boom. That's how you do business, kids.

Then I called Campingworld's customer service to cancel the order. Here's the thing: my order hasn't even shipped yet. It's still in a warehouse somewhere but they won't let me cancel my order.

To sum up : Nearly a week later my item is still sitting there, unshipped, and I want to cancel the order but they're going to send it to me anyway. If it was in-transit, I could understand.

You guys are the worst.

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello cut up, thank you for your time and post. I apologize for the experience you have had a the Oklahoma Camping World. I will be glad to look into this issue for you. Please send me a private message with your contact information.

Thank you,
Ella

cut_up
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes their in-store purchases are not any better. We received an invitation to a sale at the Edmond, Oklahoma store, a few months ago, and was anxious to go pick up on some items we wanted for this camping season. I found a single reading lamp in a box, but wanted 2. I was politely told that i could not buy the display lamp, but they could order one for me from another store. I should be there by the end of the next week. Okay, says I. Two weeks pass and I call them and was given some lame excuse why they haven't gotten it or called me to let me know of the status.
I still have not heard from them, nor have I gotten any lamps yet. I will be making my lamp purchase from another source. Not sure IF or WHEN I will go back to CW.
Michael

Bears_Den
Explorer
Explorer
I don't buy a lot of things online because I'm a touchy feely kind of a guy. A friend told me to try Amazon one day and if I do buy online it is through Amazon, my orders are at my door step within days and their prices are fair.
2014 Kodiak 279 rbsl
2017 Ford F-150 King Ranch V8
Equalizer hitch
Ford integrated brake controller
2004 Travel Lite 23S Hybrid Travel Trailer ( previous trailer )
1998 Viking Popup ( previous trailer )

No substitute for experience

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Good Evening Novibill, I am sorry for your experience. If you would like, could you send us a private message with your contact information and we will escalate this to our executive desk for investigation and follow up.

Thank you...Rudy, Camping World Response Team

NoviBill
Explorer
Explorer
I also had an awful experience buying from Campingworld. Ordered an Elements Motorhome cover on 10/23/15. The order said 5-7 day ground shipping. About a month later I called and they said any day. A few weeks later I called, same story. I called again and was told that Campingworld had called me and sent me a $50 gift certificat (pure fiction - nothing from campingworld). I posted to the campingworld web site, no response. Sent emails, no response. The cover did show up on 12/28/15 so I got to put it on in freezing rain. I will look elsewhere for future purchases.

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello deprived,

I just want to inform we have reached out to the Vendor, and were able to cancel the order for you. Once this process is complete, you will be refunded. Again, I sincerely apologize about the issue you had and I hope we wee able to assist you in resolving. Please have a wonderful day.

Thank You,
Glenn, Rapid Response

deprived
Explorer
Explorer
I appreciate that CW has responded to this post, but honestly this really illustrates how fundamentally flawed CW's online store is. Yes, it's good that you are trying to help a customer but I already tried the antiquated channel you've provided for this, an 800 number. If complaining on a forum is how customers are supposed to gain the attention of CW sales then this should be stated on your website.

But really, my point is that vendors that I've dealt with like Amazon and PPL, RVParts Country, and eBay, to name a few, all have vastly better mechanisms for dealing with customer service: purchasing, communication and returns.

Regardless of how this is resolved, this is my first and last online purchase from CW.

I love the RV community and I really am grateful that there are companies like CW helping us stay on the road. I have to say, judging from this experience, literally every other company is doing a better job than CW and at some point this will catch up with CW and we, the community, might lose a valuable asset.

Again, I appreciate your attention to this matter.

EA_Williams
Explorer
Explorer
Be thankful it wasn't an entire RV that you can't use and can't get fixed. And can't return lol.

Toddupton
Explorer
Explorer
Just write "REFUSED RETURN TO SENDER" on the box and send it back

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
cmarq wrote:
Why do people keep buying from CW I quit when I ordered a water hose that was on sale and shipping was almost the same as the cost of the hose. There are so many other places on line better prices and a lot of free shipping.
I quit buying from them in the 80's. they were this way back then. they haven't updated to the new technology yet, they are still in the dark ages. I could buy locally without joining the presidents club and the shipping is always free.

cmarq
Explorer
Explorer
Why do people keep buying from CW I quit when I ordered a water hose that was on sale and shipping was almost the same as the cost of the hose. There are so many other places on line better prices and a lot of free shipping.

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello deprived,

I still have not received you PM. I would like to look into this right away and see if we can cancel it here. Please let me know if you do not need further assistance. I do appreciate your time.

Thank You,
Glenn, Rapid Response Coordinator.