cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campground WiFi Improving?

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
I've always been in the camp, that it's nice if you can get some use out of campground wifi but it's usually garbage and you are better using your phone for a hotspot.

11 stops and 2 months into a run from Michigan to Montana. Except for 3 campgrounds (state & national parks) that don't offer wifi at all, we've been able to stream TV, work and do wifi calling, etc...no issues at all.

Anyone else seeing improvements in wifi? Are campgrounds starting to catch up with demand?
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV
19 REPLIES 19

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Yes has improved some. In general I think WiFi equipment has improved also.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have always used my AT&T Mobley WiFi access device in both truck and trailer with a plug in adapter. Good result most of the time for $23.00 a month. I gave up on campground WiFi long time ago. Cheers

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
We check campground Wi-Fi sometimes and some are ok. More ? Maybe but I suspect itโ€™s because most wised up and bring their own leaving more room on the campground Wi-Fi . I donโ€™t ever use it other than a quick check , not as secure. Almost all the campgrounds have limits in the check in material on streaming. At least the many we visited this summer. At least thatโ€™s our experience ( which is what you asked )
Bill

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
monkey44 wrote:
You kinda answered your own question ... maybe. Basically, everyone that uses WIFI depends on a hotspot or some variation of it. That's not gonna change because folks want it dependable, and as the cost goes down or hotspots are included in phone plans, folks will simply use their own.

CG's see no reason to spend the money if would take to provide it, if everyone already has it. Most will advertise they have it anyway, even if it's barely usable.

You are basically regurgitating the traditional answer. I was asking if other people are seeing similar improvements.

The traditional answer for years has been that it's garbage but have we just gotten really lucky over so many campgrounds/days or are other people seeing an improvement during their travels.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
You kinda answered your own question ... maybe. Basically, everyone that uses WIFI depends on a hotspot or some variation of it. That's not gonna change because folks want it dependable, and as the cost goes down or hotspots are included in phone plans, folks will simply use their own.

CG's see no reason to spend the money if would take to provide it, if everyone already has it. Most will advertise they have it anyway, even if it's barely usable.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic