cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

can't use gmail on 2 browsers

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
When I try to log in to my gmail accounts, I get a message that browser isn't secure. This happens in both Vivaldi and Brave. I can log in OK in Firefox. I've even tried using my secure mobile hotspot in my phone since I usually use public wifi, still no go. BTW, I'm using an Android tablet, if that's relevant.

The reason I have several browsers is because I'm trying out some newer ones. Thanks in advance for your replies. Ed
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)
17 REPLIES 17

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Does Vivaldi or Brave have an email function? Might be time to switch.
Otherwise time to put some Chrome on that computer.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
Vivaldi and Brave are not listed as supported on Gmail's website..

HERE

Click For Full-Size Image.

Doesn't mean they won't work, but does mean you may need to find work arounds to get it to work..

In all cases, the browser and device must have not only cookies on and accepted but JavaScript must be enabled per Gmails help page.

Found a help page fore Vivaldi that may prove helpful to you..

HERE

I believe Vivaldi is a Chromium derivative like MS Edge and Brave is a firefox derivative.. The problem is many websites go fishing for very specific minimum browser versions and often blocks or rejects browser versions that do not fall into the supported list.. In those case one may have to resort to faking out the website to believe it is dealing with a high enough version of Chrome, Edge, IE, FF..

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Maybe the you're getting the message because these browsers you're trying out aren't secure? Are you getting to the HTTPS log in site? Maybe just the HTTP?
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"