cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cell Signal Booster

srennier
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for a cell signal booster for my travel trailer which does the following:
  • Easy to use
  • Supports AT&T 4G/LTE
  • Handles multiple users
  • Works without aiming an antenna
  • Costs less than $300

Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
Oasisbob wrote:
Well I am shocked. I figured if a cell tower is X miles away how in the world would you pull a signal? Aparently I stand corrected. I like being wrong about stuff like this. Thanks
What are you shocked about??? If you are to far from the cell tower to receive a signal, nothing will work. But you could be to far from the tower for you phone to work, but if you can amplify that signal with out amplifying the background noise, you can receive the signal and use it. But many don't have a clue.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
wny_pat wrote:
I have a Wilson Sleek for my Verizon cell phone. Very happy with it. Having said that, I have been in places like Langtry Tx where there was no signal. Don't know if AT&T has a signal there either. Not much of anything there except Judge Roy Bean's West of the Pecos Courthouse and Saloon (the real original one). No cell or TV at all - nothing! If there is no RF signal, your booster will not create one and you will not have service.
In parts of south and west Texas, there is NO Verizon service and there is no roaming allowed by AT&T to their competitors in the oil fields. AT&T does have service in both the areas Pat mentioned, but that is the exception to most of the US, where the 2 giants normally help each other.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
Well I am shocked. I figured if a cell tower is X miles away how in the world would you pull a signal? Aparently I stand corrected. I like being wrong about stuff like this. Thanks
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Wilson Sleek for my Verizon cell phone. Very happy with it. Having said that, I have been in places like Langtry Tx where there was no signal. Don't know if AT&T has a signal there either. Not much of anything there except Judge Roy Bean's West of the Pecos Courthouse and Saloon (the real original one). No cell or TV at all - nothing! If there is no RF signal, your booster will not create one and you will not have service.

It will only work with one cell phone at a time. You can use it with you MiFi Hot Spot, which will allow up to 10 Wifi users.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have gone one step further using the WILSON SLEEK.

This is my VERIZON MIFI Docking Station in my trailer which is a WIFI HOTSPOT account.

This uses the WILSON SLEEK for helping pickup the VERIZON CELL SIGNAL and also allows my MIFI UNIT to have a larger coverage area around my trailer.

Using the MIFI unit frees up your cell phone to create a good WIFI HOTSPOT. My MIFI unit connects to five WIFI enabled devices...

Works great for us all over the East side of the US where we go the most.

We use the 3GB grandfathered in account for checking emails, checking in with the kids, paying a few bills online and some surfing the net.

The 3GB of data of course is not a large enough dataplan to downstream any TV stations or videoes. If you want to get into that then the MILLENICOM 20GB MIFI PLAN that uses the Verizon Network will work great for that.

Roy ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

RV_CONUS
Explorer
Explorer
srennier wrote:
I'm looking for a cell signal booster for my travel trailer which does the following:
  • Easy to use
  • Supports AT&T 4G/LTE
  • Handles multiple users
  • Works without aiming an antenna
  • Costs less than $300

Thanks!

I purchased one Wilson sleek for our ATT 4g/LTE service. It worked so well, I purchased a second one for use in the bedroom.

They really work, Did I say they work.

Both Wilsons came in around the $250 range.

Even if we are in an area with 4 bars I use one wilson in the living room mounted next to the sofa, holds the phone great, powered by the laptop and the phone is charged from the laptop. Convenient.

Boosts the 4 bar signal to 5 bars, great for a Hotspot access.

In a fringe fluctuating signal area, boosted signal to 3 and sometimes 4 bars. Was able to use data for Hotspot access as well.

We use the booster and hotspot for 2 laptops, another smartphone and samsung tablet.

The only downside in a low signal area is calls are made using the speakerphone. For us that works great for kids and grandkids when they call. We both can hear what all are saying.

For the second sleek I purchased the 12" antenna, but the 4" ones worked well. I attach the antennas to the inside windows, which works in an area with a steady signal. However, in low signal area, I had to attach the antenna to the top of the MH to get an adequate signal. The antennas come with suction cups, which work. On the roof, I used removable two sided tape on top of the satellite dome. The antenna cord is long enough to reach the center of the MH roof.

The sleeks made a believer out of me. A good product for us.
2006 Allegro Open Roads 34WA
2015 GMC Terrain
2009 Blue OX Aventa LX
2009 Brake Buddy Classic

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Wilson Sleek 4G-A, is what you are looking for. We have the Verizon model and it works awesome. You can add a larger Omni directional antenna if you wish for just a few dollars more.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

SteveB
Explorer
Explorer
Search for Wilson Sleek.
If you use the device as a hot spot then #3 is satisfied for web access.
2015 RAM 3500 CTD Auto 4X4 CC Dually, Reese 20K
SOLD 8/2015 '01 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD HO 6sp, Reese 15K Pro w/ Kwik Slide, Prodigy

'04 Jayco Jayflight 28.5RKS