cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Direct tv Hr 24 and portable satellite

zrone90
Explorer
Explorer
I have been trying to get my HR 24 receiver to work with my small carry out automatic satellite dish. but no luck. I changed the settings to sd channels only and set it to round dish and multi switch.
It will get to the loading guide screen and get to 99% and just stay there. Has anyone been able to get this receiver to work with the small automatic dish?
2013 Crossroads 30RE
7 REPLIES 7

djgodden
Explorer
Explorer
I got sick and tired of the issues with carry out syncing and working. I finally installed it on the roof, synced up once and it's worked ever since.
2012 Ram 2500 4x4 Lariat Longhorn 6.7 CTD HO, Edge Evo CTS, Extreme Tow/Haul brakes, aFePower Diff cover, LL 5000 bags, 285/70R17, Reese Q20 w/slider. 2005 Montana 2955RL w/400w solar, Renogy MPPT, 4 x 6v @ 12VDC (450AH), 3000w Inverter, King VQ4100.

ChuckSteed
Explorer
Explorer
If you are using direct tv,, I am, I sometimes have to log onto their website and refresh the receiver. I also sometimes have to reset my HR24. I'm using an automatic dish

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
and......@$=24....tee hee.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

haydoracin
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
That's the B Band Converter just as a point of interest.

Thanks Bill. My bad on remebering it was B Band.

I also didn't answer his question about HR @$. Yes I have one and it works with my Carryout.
Hayden & Jan
1994 Southwind 33L P-Chassis 454
2006 Chevrolet HHR
OTY (Mini Dachsund)

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's the B Band Converter just as a point of interest.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

haydoracin
Explorer
Explorer
With the Winegard Carryout you have to let the receiver go through the setup before you apply power to the Carryout. I forgot this on our current trip and had trouble the first two nights getting things setup. After I remmebered this I haven't had a problem. Also you do NOT need the K-Band adapter in line.
Hayden & Jan
1994 Southwind 33L P-Chassis 454
2006 Chevrolet HHR
OTY (Mini Dachsund)

caseyhoward
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem. Make sure there are no trees blocking the signal then set up your satellite and TV turn it on and wait for 20 minutes before you do anything. The dish takes that much time to get in line with the satellite for the first time. It worked perfectly for me when I followed that process.
Irish Tinkers