cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Directv access card

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just got an e-mail from Directv that I'm going to need to get a new free access card by Aug 31,2020. Anyone know what this is all about??
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH
28 REPLIES 28

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Right, so that is the required update. It looks like DTV has now set that date as their projected time to drop the SD signal. If/when they do that you will no longer be able to receive ANY DTV satellite TV with a D12.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Bill.Satellite wrote:
If you are currently using a SD only receiver like a D12 or R series DVR (actually any receiver model that does not start with an H or HR) then DTV is correct that you will need new hardware to continue to receive the DTV signal when they end the SD broadcast in the near future.

I do have a D12 receiver with a 18 inch dish antenna. Hope all will work after wards.

JimR

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are currently using a SD only receiver like a D12 or R series DVR (actually any receiver model that does not start with an H or HR) then DTV is correct that you will need new hardware to continue to receive the DTV signal when they end the SD broadcast in the near future.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
chuckbear wrote:
Rather than do nothing, call DirecTV and ask them if this is legit and ask them why? Chuck

Hello

I did call and was told that was not for a card but for an upgrade. She really did not seem to know about the email. I did call the number and was told my wait time was 42 minutes I hung up and then deleted the email.

Bottom line I think it is all BS DTV trying to get you on a new contract and I will wait and see just like the end of DNS "NOT".

JimR

ps I think they (DTV) is suffering from a rectal cranial inversion.

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
i had directv the first day you could get it until i gave them up 4 years ago in that time i had new cards sent to me by mail stating they had to be changed out.
i had 3 receivers and they send cards for them at different times for each one no emails they just sent the cards out but that was with the old standard definition boxes.

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
Rather than do nothing, call DirecTV and ask them if this is legit and ask them why? Chuck

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
I received a new access card from DirecTV 25 years ago due to the hacking mentioned above, but not with continuous service since then. I would be very suspicious.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

schlep1967
Explorer III
Explorer III
John Wayne wrote:
Just got an e-mail from Directv that I'm going to need to get a new free access card by Aug 31,2020. Anyone know what this is all about??

My guess is it is a phishing attempt. There is probably a link to click on in the email that will download a virus on your computer. Don't do it!. Your safe option is to open your browser and contact Directtv yourself asking them about the email.
2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ 3500 Diesel
2022 Montana Legacy 3931FB
Pull-Rite Super Glide 4500

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
dapperdan wrote:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said! We've been with DirecTV for over twenty years and NEVER had a new card sent to us either!

Dan

^ That

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
How old and what type receiver are you using?

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said! We've been with DirecTV for over twenty years and NEVER had a new card sent to us either!

Dan

navigator2346
Explorer
Explorer
I have had Direct for 15 years and have never had a new card sent to me

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
directv sends out new updated cards so they can shut down the unauthorized access cards used by hackers to capture free channels happened when i had directv a few times.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
nope.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman