cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DIRECTV and SD locals

CT_WANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I got the Email today from Directv. It stated my local SD channels will be gone in 2019. My locals are on 119 Sat. Are they saying the 119 Sat SD will be deleted? Or are SD signals on 101 also be deleted? How about DNS is that also be deleted? Will all the programs on 101 go to HD? I am trying to figure out if I have to get new receivers? I have a RV Account. Thanks anyone for your use full input. Gary
29 REPLIES 29

CT_WANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know if I should start a new post or not, but her goes. Is there a way to send the video and audio output from the composite or component output thru the video switch box to another tv? I am trying to figure how how to get the signal from the front tv to the one in the bedroom. Thanks again Gary

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bobbo wrote:
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Bobbo wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
Who watches SD anymore. Yuk.

Everybody with one of those cube type antennas. There are a lot of them out there.

Not quite true. Everyone with a cube type antenna and DirecTV. All DISH Network customer get full HD with the dome style antennas.

Wasn't this discussion about Directv? We also aren't discussing HughesNet. (Hint: Look at the thread title.)

Humm, it's a misleading statement without clarity. You should be more clear with your posts as sometimes the reader is less interested in remembering the specific wording of the OP and read the words written.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Bobbo wrote:
goducks10 wrote:

Everybody with one of those cube type antennas. There are a lot of them out there.

Not quite true. Everyone with a cube type antenna and DirecTV. All DISH Network customer get full HD with the dome style antennas.

Wasn't this discussion about Directv? We also aren't discussing HughesNet. (Hint: Look at the thread title.)
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bobbo wrote:
goducks10 wrote:

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
goducks10 wrote:

Bobbo and Lin

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bobbo wrote:
Bill.Satellite wrote:
This is likely true (dying satellite) but the orbital slot is PRIME space so another satellite is already there waiting or will be replaced. AT&T "may" sell the slot but due to it's prime location I find that hard to believe. The question remains, what is the future of 101.

Don't forget that a replacement satellite that goes into that slot may not broadcast on the same band(s) that the current satellite does. That means that even if they replace that satellite with a new one, your current SD antenna may still not work.

That's true. However, if DTV continues to use that slot and they change from the KU band, they would have to replace every home antenna of every DTV customer in the US. So, what would you do if you were DTV? Put another KU band satellite up there and save millions or put a different one up there and shell out a whole lot of cash?
That's the problem. No one knows.

CT_WANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the information. Guess I have to look for replacement receiver, LNB and dish. Gary

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bill.Satellite wrote:
This is likely true (dying satellite) but the orbital slot is PRIME space so another satellite is already there waiting or will be replaced. AT&T "may" sell the slot but due to it's prime location I find that hard to believe. The question remains, what is the future of 101.

Don't forget that a replacement satellite that goes into that slot may not broadcast on the same band(s) that the current satellite does. That means that even if they replace that satellite with a new one, your current SD antenna may still not work.
Bobbo and Lin

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
No "official" announcement abut the satellite...but what I've read is that after so many years, the thing has run (or will run) out of fuel to keep it where it is supposed to be and will burn up as it falls into the atmosphere.

FWIW

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
While Directv has announced that SD programming will cease, they have NOT announced what they are going to do, if anything, with that satellite and band. No one knows.
Bobbo and Lin

Retired_JSO
Explorer
Explorer
All SD with Direct will go away next summer.

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
This has been going around for nearly two years. Directv is ending all SD programming.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
did you call DTV and ask?
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle