cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

directv genie

hoffy
Explorer
Explorer
hi all,i ve been getting different info depending on who i talk to.
if i sign up for a new directv account in my rv will a genie dvr work?
i have both a winegard traveler and a roadtrip antennas.

thanks
7 REPLIES 7

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
We use the Genie and and H25 but I think the Genie and a client would be more effective as everything you are watching is also recorded which does not happen with our current setup. We also have a Trav'ler and it was a simple upgrade when the Genie first came out.

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a Genie and an HR24 in our unit. And have had that combination for over 7 years. We have the Trav'ler on the roof.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
If Winegard told you they can, they can. However, it really doesn't matter. Where ever you get it you will be "sold" a leased receiver that remains the property of DirecTV and you will need to agree to the same 2 year contract.

hoffy
Explorer
Explorer
winegard says they can supply a genie receiver but a directv distibutor says thats not correct and they can only supply a hr24 receiver for rv's,has anyone heard about this?

Carl_n_Susan
Nomad II
Nomad II
The Genie will *NOT* work with the Roadtrip antenna, but is does work with the Winegard or a SL3 open face portable antenna (which you can find for free).
Temp Signature1
Second Line
Third line
Fourth Line

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
The Genie will work with the Trav'ler or home style antenna on a tripod but nothing else.

Y-Guy
hoffy I'm going to move this post from the Tech Issues to the Technology Corner forum.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon