cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish tripod

SDM
Explorer
Explorer
Going to use Direct tv dish. Is a high quality tripod worth the money? Look at one on TV4RV. Is pricey but looks good.
23 REPLIES 23

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
Bigbird65 wrote:
SDM wrote:
Going to use Direct tv dish. Is a high quality tripod worth the money? Look at one on TV4RV. Is pricey but looks good.

This is a good solid tripod for DirecTV Slimline Dish.

My setup.

These adjustable furniture glides make the tripod easy to level. There is a plastic cup shown that they fit in.

Same one I use!!
cpaulsen

HTElectrical
Explorer
Explorer
Ivylog wrote:
You needed the slimline dish when five satellites were used but that is no longer necessary... only 99-101-103. I use a multi sat dish... a 18 x 20" dish with the SL 3 LNB on it for HD on a small/simply/adjustable tripod. Easy to store and 1/3rd the price.

Did you have to modify the arm like this?
Everything I can find states that you have to use a Slimline Dish.
Do you have a link to the exact dish you used? Any pics?
Thanks in advance.

2007 Duramax, Cognito 7"-9" Lift,

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
Ivylog wrote:
You needed the slimline dish when five satellites were used but that is no longer necessary... only 99-101-103. I use a multi sat dish... a 18 x 20" dish with the SL 3 LNB on it for HD on a small/simply/adjustable tripod. Easy to store and 1/3rd the price.

That is my setup and it works great.
2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
SDM wrote:

Absolutely!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Bigbird65
Explorer
Explorer
SDM wrote:

This is a good solid tripod for DirecTV Slimline Dish.

My setup.

These adjustable furniture glides make the tripod easy to level. There is a plastic cup shown that they fit in.

2017 RAM 1500 Quad Cab 5.7L Hemi, 8 speed 3.21
2018 Winnebago Minnie 2250DS

2naEagle
Explorer
Explorer

Get the Heavy Duty Tripod kit form tv4rv well worth the money. Also Dish Pointer Pro App on phone.
2020 F350 Limited CCSB SRW
2017 North Point 315RLTS
2021 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
I used a tripod I bought at HomeDepot...the kind used on house roofs for TV antennas. Just add a length of conduit for the dish to clamp on to.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
For an HD slimline dish, yes, almost a must. Very sturdy and easy to level. Live a little, get the good stuff.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman