cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Got a Amazon fire TV stick

was_butnotnow
Explorer
Explorer
I got an Amazon fireTV stick and love it as I can now download Netflix and Amazon videos to my Samsung S10 phone and then mirror them to my TV via the fire stick. (using the "smart view" setting on the smartphone)(I also put in a 256 GB SD card so I can have lots of movies ready to watch)
It is the HD 1080p model.
It worked so well thought I would get the 4K model (has a few more features) for my main HD TV and use the HD TV stick in my MH. The 4K model sez will still work on a non 4K TV.
Well guess what got the 4K model and it does most things but doesn't mirror from my S10 using "smart view" to the TV via the 4K fire stick. Did a search and found they took that option out when they came out with the 4K model. There are some third-party mirroring apps but couldn't get one to work.
Sending it back and getting another 1080p HD model.
Buyer beware.
I did all this as I am going through Canada and Alaska and cell service may be limited. I know we should be into nature and not TV but may have some rainy days.
Now in a 05 Monaco Cayman DP 36 PDQ
Traveled many years in NuWa Hitchhiker 5th wheels.
Travel Journals and Adventures of people living this lifestyle

Hitchitch.com

Personal blog with our own travels. www.fulltime.hitchitch.com
31 REPLIES 31

was_butnotnow
Explorer
Explorer
Sure can watch directly but need Wi-Fi and may not have cell service in Canada or Alaska so then can play (mirror to the TV via the fireTV stick connected to it) the downloaded ahead of time videos.
A little more info on downloading videos from Netflix and Amazon.
On Netflix, you can watch videos live on a browser at www.netflix.com but you can't download. Must use a smartphone app or install the Netflix PC app from the Microsoft Store.
Now on Amazon, you can only download to a smartphone, not to a PC.
I don't use Apple stuff so don't know what works on them.
Now in a 05 Monaco Cayman DP 36 PDQ
Traveled many years in NuWa Hitchhiker 5th wheels.
Travel Journals and Adventures of people living this lifestyle

Hitchitch.com

Personal blog with our own travels. www.fulltime.hitchitch.com

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Are you aware that you can watch Netflix and Amazon videos directly on your Firestick? No casting needed?
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate