cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Got Kids?

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer
Here's something that's sort of just for fun. If you have kids, you may be interested in their learning of math, science, and technology. I'm recently retired as a professor of education, and I've created what I hope is a fun educational packet for teachers to use to teach their kids how the GPS system works. It's meant for use in grades 5 and/or 6 (or a little older). I've used this with several different classes of fifth graders and sixth graders, and most of them can understand it with some help from their teachers.

I'm sharing with you in the hope that you'll enjoy using it with your kids. I'd be glad to hear feedback on whether they liked it and whether they understood it.

Help Wanted - NASA Needs You!

-Speak
It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB
7 REPLIES 7

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
X2 gboop
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife ๐Ÿ™‚

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I still consider GPS an aid to real maps. ๐Ÿ˜‰

bbaker2001
Explorer
Explorer
Technology
I typed in Got Kids, and it auto corrected me to "Got Milk":)
I think it is a great idea. Thanks for sharing
Will chime back in when looked at
BB from California
2015 Ram 3500
2001 Cardinal
best friend is my wife ๐Ÿ™‚

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
GPS is good enough. Don't need 'system' after it.

Anyway, cool problem! Of all the amazing technology we've seen in the past few years, GPS continues to amaze me.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

firemedic08
Explorer
Explorer
Even in the Military, it is a lost art anymore....... SAD.
Donnie
1994 Chevy 2500 Extended cab
1987 28 ft travel villa 5th wheel.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Teaching map reading is over unfortunately. When all this "stuff" blows up at least some of us will understand how to use a paper map and compass.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lots of adults need this too! Good info. Thanks for posting.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board