cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Great Camping World Customer Service!

ventrman
Explorer
Explorer
Recently I made a post entitled Message for Marcus. People can read it if they like. It was about a Problem with an online Order. Fifteeen Minutes or so Later Marcus posted his email Address.
Marcus sent them an email and the Problem was solved the next Day! IMO, Marcus is the best CEO EVER! How many other CEOS do you know that take a personal Interest in their individual Customers? I sure do not know of any. Mega Kudos to Marcus. You are doing a great Job!

Now for the Details, I ordered a 4000/3500 Watt Generator online. For some Reason the System did not recognize my Good Sam Membership Number and I was charged Shipping when I should not have been. One email was all it took to solve the Problem.
One thing I see on here that I do not agree with is this. Some People get on here and post a Complaint. I do not see the Reason for this. why would I want to go out of my Way to give the Company a black Eye?
I think it is far better to handle it the Way I did. Then if the Problem is not solved is the Time to make a public post, not before they have had a Chance to fix it.
God Bless!
5 REPLIES 5

Sfla2
Explorer
Explorer
my only question is why do u have to go to a CEO to get things done,where are store,internet, managers?
98 Coachmen "C" Santara Model FL (Front Lounge) 30.4
Ford V 10 Super Duty (same as E 450)

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, some people do go overboard in their problem reporting...and I think it's mainly because they really don't think that GS will be getting back to them on their problem and just want to vent their anger and frustration. They are usually very surprised when they realize that GS does indeed read these messages and will do whatever they can to fix the problem.

However, regardless of the reason, these "ask Marcus" forums are the best way to get GS's attention to a person's negative experience. You just don't see this customer service in other large corporations very often. Especially when the CEO himself contacts the individual. Almost unheard of.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

ventrman
Explorer
Explorer
lanerd wrote:
ventrman wrote:

Now for the Details, I ordered a 4000/3500 Watt Generator online. For some Reason the System did not recognize my Good Sam Membership Number and I was charged Shipping when I should not have been. One email was all it took to solve the Problem.
One thing I see on here that I do not agree with is this. Some People get on here and post a Complaint. I do not see the Reason for this. why would I want to go out of my Way to give the Company a black Eye?
I think it is far better to handle it the Way I did. Then if the Problem is not solved is the Time to make a public post, not before they have had a Chance to fix it.

Actually, GS/CW encourage people who have problems to post them on this website.

However, I think it is grand that when a positive action occurs (such as yours) that it also is posted.....not enough people do that.

Ron

I did post about a Problem. I still assert that it is wrong to go out of the Way to give them a black Eye until they have had a Chance to fix it and have not.
God Bless!

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
ventrman,

Thank you for your time and sharing your experience. If you ever need any help in the future please let us know. Have a great week and travel safe always.

Mark F
Marcus' Rapid Response Team
goodsamcs@ghoodsamfamily.com

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
ventrman wrote:

Actually, GS/CW encourage people who have problems to post them on this website.

However, I think it is grand that when a positive action occurs (such as yours) that it also is posted.....not enough people do that.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....