cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Hotmail Log-in Problem

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
This is something new, just happened today. I try to log into my Hotmail account, using Chrome browser, and I'm asked to enter the country's code. I tried entering my phone no., but I can't clear the box in order to enter it. Fortunately, I can enter my inbox only by using the Edge browser, where I've set Hotmail to remain logged in.
I may wind up just dumping Hotmail and using a different e-mail client instead. Of course, that means changing my email address on several sites that I use. Any ideas why Hotmail is behaving this way?
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)
4 REPLIES 4

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
I have no problem with android or windows 10 edge, chrome, foxfire.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

mr__ed
Explorer
Explorer
delwhjr wrote:
mr. ed wrote:
This is something new, just happened today. I try to log into my Hotmail account, using Chrome browser, and I'm asked to enter the country's code. I tried entering my phone no., but I can't clear the box in order to enter it. Fortunately, I can enter my inbox only by using the Edge browser, where I've set Hotmail to remain logged in.
I may wind up just dumping Hotmail and using a different e-mail client instead. Of course, that means changing my email address on several sites that I use. Any ideas why Hotmail is behaving this way?

Try doing it through the incognito mode.(ctrl-shift-n) If it works there, you may have a problem with one of your extensions. You can disable your extensions and then re-enable one by one until you find the problem.
Also make sure you have the most current Chrome version.

Thanks. I tried your suggestions, but still no go. I'm not going to be concerned since I can still enter the site through my Edge browser, already signed in. I'll eventually just stop using Hotmail. I have a couple of gmail accounts, which I like.
Mr. Ed (fulltiming since 1987)
Life is fragile. Handle with prayer.

2007 Hitchhiker II LS Model 29.5 LKTG (sold)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500/6.7 CTD/QC/4X4/SB/SRW/6-speed man/Big Horn edition (sold)

Toddupton
Explorer
Explorer
Hotmail is doing something since my email has been up and down for the past few days and I had the same thing happen to me for a day or two.

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
mr. ed wrote:

Try doing it through the incognito mode.(ctrl-shift-n) If it works there, you may have a problem with one of your extensions. You can disable your extensions and then re-enable one by one until you find the problem.
Also make sure you have the most current Chrome version.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI