cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Windows 10 network error messages

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
Last year, I started getting occasional "your not connected to a network" when browsing on my Dell lt. We then went to south Tx for 4 months and used our Verizon hotspot for internet access with no issues. Since returning to our s&b, the error message has started to return numerous times a day using both the network card cable connection and/or wifi. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the drivers for both making sure that they were/are the newest ones. When this error message shows up, the screen will usually refresh itself automatically and go to the link that was originally requested but sometimes it does not and I press the F5 key to do so. Additionally, windows 10 is currently up to date as I keep close tabs on this. Anyone else having the same/similar problems?
2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487
6 REPLIES 6

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
When it happens to me it is usually because the cable company is having network problems. Not real obvious because the cable modem looks OK, I'm connected to them but they're not connected to their next tier provider, or their nameserver is down.

But then the message is "Not connected to the Internet."

I seldom see "not connected to a network" because I always have an intranet running my own router downstream from the modem.

One tool I use for troubleshooting is my wifi tablet. If it is seeing the network and the Internet, then I can associate the problem with the PC. It sometimes fails to reconnect when waking up from a sleep mode, and I suspect the OS more than the hardware because a re-boot usually fixes it.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
802.11 adapter on DW's Dell laptop went flakey for a while and eventually failed completely. Replaced it with a $10 USB dongle adapter (but the Dell cards are available to replace).

IT_Burnout
Explorer
Explorer
JC2 PM me if you want some help troubleshooting the problem with a โ€œpingโ€ command I will be glad to walk you through that process. Ping is a tool in windows that helps troubleshoot connectivity problems. It wonโ€™t solve your problem, but it can help point you in the right direction on where you are losing your connection.

That exact error when I have seen it in the past is usually a local connection drop.

Bob
2017 Chevy Duramax LTZ with Z71
2018 Cedar Creek 34RL2 Hathaway Edition

JC2
Explorer
Explorer
delwhjr wrote:
You did not mention who your ISP is or your connection equipment at your s&b. The problem could be a bad modem if you are using cable or DSL. The Motorola Surfboards have this issue constantly when they are about to fail. The CISCO DPCs will do this when they have low signal strength. Check connections.

Our ISP is TWC/Spectrum and I've wondered about that also. I have a combo Technicolor router/modem combo from them so I'll give them a call. We all know how good ISP provided equipment is don't we. :R
2010 Newmar Dutch Aire 4304,Cummins ISL 425hp,Spartan MM Chassis,2013 Chev Equinox AWD Towed,Ready Brute Elite TowBar/Brake,FMCA #402879,SKP#120487

coolmom42
Explorer II
Explorer II
I doubt it's caused by Win10. More likely your modem/router. Or possibly a connection at your house.

If the modem is rented from your provider, call them.

If it's yours, log in to it and check to see if you need a firmware update. If that doesn't improve things, you need a new modem.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
You did not mention who your ISP is or your connection equipment at your s&b. The problem could be a bad modem if you are using cable or DSL. The Motorola Surfboards have this issue constantly when they are about to fail. The CISCO DPCs will do this when they have low signal strength. Check connections.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI