cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How To Charge 5 Apple Products

1ed
Explorer
Explorer
What do people do to charge 5 apple products will in your TT?
I would like info on both when working off battery power and when I am hooked up to shore power. Picking up new trailer next week and I believe there are 2 USB ports in the trailer.
I will have 2 Golf Cart Batteries while in the boonies.
I did Google and found some info but I value the opinions of those that have used whatever product, so I look forward to your comments. Thanks Ed
14 REPLIES 14

RickLight
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've installed these:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZOG6TBE

2.1A 5V output from each port. Mount 2 and charge 8 devices. The real load of 2.1A @5V is 11 watts which is only 1A @ 12V. Most 12V circuits are 10A or 15A, plenty of room for all your toys!

Put them where there is already unswitched 12V and check the fuse for that circuit. Mine are next to the radio and the bedroom lights. Near your control panel is a likely spot also.

On shore power just use whatever you use at home, or install things like this for your 120V receptacles.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013QP0OWY
Rick,

2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 273MK
2015 Ford F350 CC SB Lariat Powerstroke
PullRite Superglide

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

The ipads need 5.1 volts @ 2.1 amps. Make sure any adapter will handle that much current.

1ed wrote:
2 iPhone 7+ 2 iPads 1 watch.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer

JesLookin
Explorer
Explorer
I installed a couple of Blue Sea Systems 1045 usb charge ports. They get their power from 12Vdc, so they'll work whether on shore power or running off the battery.
2013 Arctic Fox 27-5L
2014 Ram 3500 6.7L CTD, Crew Cab

neschultz
Explorer
Explorer
1ed wrote:
Hello, Like I said I did Google it but I would appreciate a make or model that you have found that you would recommend. Thanks Ed

We have several of these and they work well.
Norman & Janet with Minnie the Weiner Dog
2005 SunnyBrook 38 BWQS 5th Wheel (stationary in FL for snowbirding)

Tiger4x4RV
Nomad
Nomad
As said before, it depends upon what Apple devices. 2.1? 2.4? USB-C, whatever that is.

My Apple stuff: a very old iPod Touch, a new iPod Touch, a very old iPad, a new iPad, an iPhone SE. All are actively used when I travel. Each has its own charging requirements.

On battery power: 3 cigarette-lighter style 12V outlets in coach and in a pinch the 12V in the dash (always live, but it works off the truck battery, so best not to use it unless the engine is running). I have been using Belkin adapters (car chargers) for years. Not finding exact same thing on Amazon today. Other vendors may have them.

On shore power: 2 110V outlets in coach. Plug strip. Or keep on using those 12V outlets as above.

Watch out for "car charger" type adapters which label their USB ports as "Apple" and "Android." Huh? I want to know - 1.5? 2.1? 2.4?

I hope this info helps you.
2006 Tiger CX 4x4, 8.1 L gas V-8, Allison 6-speed

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
With an adequate solar system recharging all my devices is easy.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

1ed
Explorer
Explorer
2 iPhone 7+ 2 iPads 1 watch.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

It depends on what the five apple items are.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
USB outlets are commodity items.

We've got half a dozen from trade shows kicking around.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Ed_Gee
Explorer II
Explorer II
1ed wrote:
What do people do to charge 5 apple products will in your TT?
I would like info on both when working off battery power and when I am hooked up to shore power. Picking up new trailer next week and I believe there are 2 USB ports in the trailer.
I will have 2 Golf Cart Batteries while in the boonies.
I did Google and found some info but I value the opinions of those that have used whatever product, so I look forward to your comments. Thanks Ed

Something like one of these?
Amazon results from searching - 12V multi USB charger
Ed - on the Central Oregon coast
2018 Winnebago Fuse 23A
Scion xA toad

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
We get by fine with a 2 port adapter in the 12v cigar connector. Make sure it has plenty of amps available for ALL ports.

I also have a 300 watt sine wave inverter to power all the outlets for using additional chargers.

1ed
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, Like I said I did Google it but I would appreciate a make or model that you have found that you would recommend. Thanks Ed

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
EZ. just google '5-port smart phone charger" or search Amazon for the same thing.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle