cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to listen to MY own music on my phone?

nancyjerry
Explorer
Explorer
Not very techie, so plain English please. :{
Have a Samsung Note 9 that came with Google Play. My music was there because the kid transferred it from my old phone.
Now G. Play has gone away. Want me to switch to YoutubeMusic.
I can't figure out, is this FREE?
I want to play the playlist I made from CDs I BOUGHT, the artist has been paid already!

I have transferred some of the music, but it keeps asking if I want to extend my'free' trial..
I do not want to pay $10 a. Onth for something I own !
OR, is there another app for me?
Thank you.
27 REPLIES 27

rommroma557
Explorer
Explorer
I started making my own music during the pandemic. I am a big music lover and music inspires me. So during the quarantine I had a lot of free time and I decided to give it a try. I used various programs such as https://www.fortenotation.com/en/blank-staff-paper-manuscript-paper-printable-pdf/ because it is very convenient. So, in order to listen to it later, I transfer it to the SD-card via the computer, which I then insert into the phone. In my opinion, this is the most convenient way

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Down load Pandora and stream to the phone, free version has ads, paid no ads. You select what you want to hear.
2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

freyawuhoo73
Explorer
Explorer
It’s very simple. If you are a user of streaming music like Amazon Music, you can try to use Tuenlf Amatune Audio Converter to remove the DRM protection of the song, convert and download the song to your local computer, then you can move these music files to any device you like, whether it’s phone or USB or AW.

whjco
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I both have Samsung phones. I've put an SD card in both phones and we've each created a Folder named "Media". I then use a program on my computer to convert the tracks on a CD to .mp3 files. I create a subfolder for each album and copy the .mp3 files in to each corresponding folder using a USB cable connected between the phone and the computer. I downloaded Musicolet and use it to create playlists in the phone.
Bill J., Lexington, KY
2006 Starcraft 2500RKS 25' Travel Trailer
2015 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.7 Cummins.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
thomasanders wrote:
there are many applications that allow you to listen to music. For example, I like to listen to music on different sites where I can find ***Link Removed*** You can also listen to music on YouTube

an issue with youtube is
You must either have downloaded all your music to the device or have internet access.

I moved all my google play music to youtube, and on my fire tablet also downloaded all the music to the fire. but in my case that takes up over 300GB of storage.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

thomasanders
Explorer
Explorer
there are many applications that allow you to listen to music. For example, I like to listen to music on different sites where I can find ***Link Removed*** You can also listen to music on YouTube

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
MrWizard wrote:
750MB of music, is few hundred mp3 files
A fair number of titles, but not much data to store
Even a cheap prepaid phone or free Obama phone can hold 4 times those numbers, in memory space, without an SD card or usb stick

I typed M when I should have typed G. I have 175 GB of music uploaded to google play. Unless one has a phone with a SD card slot (getting rarer today) kinda hard to have all my music on the phone.

But with youtube music you CAN play the music you uploaded to google play, not as easy as google play but you can play all your music w/o any ads.

you just need to go to google and transfer the music to youtube.

MrWizard
750MB of music, is few hundred mp3 files
A fair number of titles, but not much data to store
Even a cheap prepaid phone or free Obama phone can hold 4 times those numbers, in memory space, without an SD card or usb stick
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

daissy
Explorer
Explorer
As a free Amazon Music user, I like to listen to the music online and offline. But to enjoy Amazon Music offline, it needs to be the paid user. Luckily, I got a tool DRmare Amazon Music Downloader to get Amazon Music for offline listening.

Timmo_
Explorer II
Explorer II
For a quality app, may I suggest Neutron Music Player.

Playback capability at 64 bit, 44.1 khz, 320 kbps mpeg files with their 60 band equalizer and preamp can actually make tinny sounding lousy Bluetooth speakers sing highs and big bass lows. That's the good news. The bad news: no manual or guide; gotta figure it out yourself. So if you are not an audiophile, then stick with Amazon (16 bit) or Google/YouTube PIG hog apps.

It works great on my Samsung smartphone, even with version 6.0 Marshmallow.

There is a free evaluation version that will let you feel and touch, but here is the bonus, I had Amazon Prime music app on my smartphone with about 2800 songs and it sucked up almost all of my 50g SD card, now with Neutron 3k+ songs sucks up only 27g. And these are files I downloaded from my music CDs, at 320 kbps rate (64 bit playback rate, not the inferior 16 bits).

Like I said, if you ARE NOT AN AUDIOPHILE, then please ignore this recommendation. But if you want to boost the high and low frequencies of your affordable speakers, then give it a spin.

There is a Windows 10 version, but I don't use my laptop to play music or games, just biz. And yes, this app supports up to 8 channels (speakers), eat that Jeff Bezos with your limit of just 2 channels!.

https://neutroncode.com/apps/player

Enjoy music in high fidelity, I do!
Tim & Sue
Hershey (Sheltie)
2005 F150 4x4 Lariat 5.4L 3.73 Please buy a Hybrid...I need your gas for my 35.7 gallon tank!
2000 Nash 19B...comfortably pimped with a real Queen Size Bed

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
Gdetrailer wrote:
ktmrfs wrote:
garym114 wrote:
Get all your music on your phone. Then get the Omnia Music Player app. Best app for playing your music.

easier said than done. I have about 750MB of music in MP3 format, hardly easy to put on a phone.

While that may be a lot of music files, no excuse for taking the lazy approach with the cloud junk..

You CAN get a portable Hard drives with builtin wifi hotspot and it will act like your own personal PRIVATE cloud..

1TB NAS Wifi external HD

and I highly doubt you would really need access to 100% of ALL of your music files, do what any other person would do, just copy SOME of the music that you are interested in listening to to your phone..

Then when you get bored, replace with other music from your library..

I keep only 2-4 gig of music on a 32gig USB stick for my vehicle, 2,000 or so songs.. Takes months to get through..

I find it much easier to have uploaded all my music to google play, course now it is on utube, but it's all there and accesible. And in the car I have all my music on the HD in the car audio system or on an ipod via usb to the car.

Gdetrailer
Explorer III
Explorer III
ktmrfs wrote:
garym114 wrote:
Get all your music on your phone. Then get the Omnia Music Player app. Best app for playing your music.

easier said than done. I have about 750MB of music in MP3 format, hardly easy to put on a phone.

While that may be a lot of music files, no excuse for taking the lazy approach with the cloud junk..

You CAN get a portable Hard drives with builtin wifi hotspot and it will act like your own personal PRIVATE cloud..

1TB NAS Wifi external HD

and I highly doubt you would really need access to 100% of ALL of your music files, do what any other person would do, just copy SOME of the music that you are interested in listening to to your phone..

Then when you get bored, replace with other music from your library..

I keep only 2-4 gig of music on a 32gig USB stick for my vehicle, 2,000 or so songs.. Takes months to get through..

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
garym114 wrote:

easier said than done. I have about 750MBV of music in MP3 format, hardly easy to put on a phone.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
I also use free Muzio music app on my Android and it is great replacement for Google Play Music IMHO. You can easily create playlist on Muzio. I buy my music from Amazon Prime Music for .99 cents or 1.29 per song. Works well for me. Cheers