cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Icons showing up on my nook

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, I have a nook HD+ and I am always getting shortcuts/icons showing up on my desktop/tabletop screen for games, security etc..sometimes 4-5 a day. I always have to press them, then tap remove from tabletop. I don't know how to turn these off and its kind of pizzin me off.

I have active shelf turned off as well as everything on that settings screen. I could not find anything in searching the net either. Any help would be appreciated

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K
4 REPLIES 4

MTNHNTR
Explorer
Explorer
I get them also. They appear when you drag them down from the carousel, in my case inadvertently. Try it - just take your finger tip and touch an icon on the carousel and pull it down. Took me a while to figure out why they kept appearing.
2000 F-350, SC, 4x4, SRW, PSD, AT, Air Bags, Edge Evolution.
2012 Lance 1050S nicely equiped
Honda EU2000i CARB Gen.

n7bsn
Explorer
Explorer
Emmm.... ya know I think I have auto-update off and haven't done an update, well, in forever.

Maybe I should
2008 F350SD V10 with an 2012 Arctic Fox 29-5E
When someone tells you to buy the same rig they own, listen, they might be right. When they tell you to buy a different rig then they own, really pay attention, they probably know something you don't.

austinjenna
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the response but these are for apps that I don't currently have on my tablet. They are icon shortcuts for IF I want them.

2010 F350 CC Lariat 4x4 Short Bed
2011 Crusader 298BDS 5th Wheel
Reese 16K

harley-dave
Explorer
Explorer
Good Morning

Mine did that because auto update was on. Every time an app updated itself I got an icon. auto update can be turned off but you will need to remember to update your apps every once in a while.

Dave
2005 Winnebago-Itasca Sundancer 31C
2010 Harley-Davidson Soft tail Deluxe
2014 Harley-Davidson Street Glide Special
1999 Chevrolet Tracker 4X4
SKP # 121272