cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

IP Camera

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to help a CG Owner where we stay a lot. Her house overlooks the CG. The office is in the CG...a very short walk between the two. She'd like to get an alarm when someone walks up to the office and then be able to talk with the guest to see if it is a question that can be answered or an issue that demands her presence at the office. (This is a small park where most folks stay for a week or more. The main busy time is mid afternoon when 3 or 4 transients arrive...not much need to be in the office the other times.)

I was thinking something like a FOSCAM IP Camera. But, I have one and it is a pain to set up and keep operational. Reviews of many of their cameras say the audio is terrible. And, video is nice but probably not necessary.

Any ideas? Maybe you seen a solution at another CG? Thanks.
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X
8 REPLIES 8

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I have a Foscam. Yes, port forwarding is a pain but at the router not the camera. And they won't need port forwarding if they're on the same wifi.

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
Yep Guidry, the wifi may be an issue with Ring. The CG wifi is usually pretty good but it might bog down. Re Foscam, I'm reasonably tech savvy but I had constant problems with port forwarding etc, yada yada. The CG owners are not savvy. Reading reviews of the likely Foscam camera on Amazon and it is all about praise for their tech support...I don't want to have to call tech support.

Gotta think this through and do more research on Ring. Thanks all. Other ideas welcome.
Hickory, NC

guidry
Explorer
Explorer
The problem may be with the slow wifi. I have 7 Foscams at two houses in different cities and all work great. Fast wifi at both. One call to the company will set everything up. Tech support does everything.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
That is it and if you want to record it is only $3 per month. Many people choose not to pay for the recording feature.

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
bgum wrote:
Go to Ring. It will alert you when someone is in the area and you can both see and talk to them on a smart phone.

That looks awesome! Assume it is the one at this link? Clicky
Hickory, NC

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Go to Ring. It will alert you when someone is in the area and you can both see and talk to them on a smart phone.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Might think about something like this. Verify distance and what kind of wiring.

THIS
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
I use two Simplicam WiFi cameras to monitor my park model. These cameras do need a fast WiFi source which might be a deal killer for a campground.

Very easy to set up and maintain. My park model has lost power a couple of times and the cameras come right back online.

Each camera is $150. I have 24-hour recording on each camera for $5 month per camera. That allows you to review "events" like noises or movement.

You can set up each camera to email you (or smartphone message) when an event is triggered.

Simplicams have 2-way audio so you can hear and talk to whoever is near a camera.

Cameras can be monitored via computer or a smartphone app.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs