cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

iPad Air 2

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
I give up. I am trying to download the escapees day's end directory into my new iPad Air 2. I have the pages app installed on my desktop. When I download the file off the day's end website all appears to be going fine. When I try to open the document in Pages, it says unauthorized access. Please make sure you are signed in.

Signed into what! I am on my iPad, everything else works fine. I am properly signed into the day's end directory. Te iPad screen do not give me any hint as to where or how it wants me to sign in.

I am about to go back to Microsoft. I can at least do what I want to there. Help pls!
George 20 yr USAF & Lesley
8 REPLIES 8

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
lbrjet wrote:
It is probably a PDF which can only be used in IBooks.

I think you are righ. Thx

lbrjet
Explorer
Explorer
It is probably a PDF which can only be used in IBooks.
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equalizer E4 1200/12000

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
Fizz wrote:
georgelesley wrote:

I am now happy again with apple, but I sure was not last nite. Why I cannot download into pages I don't know or even care.

Why would you want to load it into Pages. It's for creating documents, not for reading.
You want to open it into iBooks.

Since I am a new Apple owner and never used one before I asked another Apple owner and was told that pages would do the job I wanted done, which was to be able to store a downloaded document and be able to access it w/o internet. Turns out pages apparently cannot do what I was told but Now I can do the same thing in chrome offline.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
georgelesley wrote:

I am now happy again with apple, but I sure was not last nite. Why I cannot download into pages I don't know or even care.

Why would you want to load it into Pages. It's for creating documents, not for reading.
You want to open it into iBooks.

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
Well I am certainly not an apple genius, but with a suggestion from DW the issue did get solved. She reminded me that sometime when I sent her emails with and attachment she could not download or read them in her gmail. Eureka! I sent myself an email with pdf attachments to my gmail acct. Works perfectly. I have the option of storing the docs in google drive, icloud or most importantly offline in chrome so I can access on the road without internet.

Popsie
Explorer
Explorer
I've resolved several problems by talking to an Apple "Genius" on the phone.

Unfortunately, I don't exactly remember how I connected, but I think it was by phoning an Apple store.

Good luck!

georgelesley
Explorer
Explorer
I have toggles icloud on and off. When off I get a msg asking if I want to store the doc on the ipad or turn icloud back on. I say store on ipad. When I try to open the doc in pages I am sent to the app store to get an updated app. When I push open on the app I immediately get sent back to the unauthorized access. Pls make sure you are signed in.

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
One possibility: Are you logged in to your Apple ID/iCloud account? That's where files go in the iPad eco system.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad