cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is the Winegard wallplate a power supply or a booster?

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
It depends. I needed to replace my Winegard PS/Splitter with wall plate and went to my catalog for a part number. Guess what I found, Winegard makes both a PS for batwings with the amp in the head and a booster for non-amplified antennas.

I've never seen a non-amplified batwing that I was aware was non-amplified and if they did sell them at one time, they don't advertise them now.

Here is my CYA statement, I have never had an RV mounted antenna that was not an amplified batwing, therefore, I can't make any personal evaluation of the booster or what it was intended for other than what Winegard says in their description in the catalogs I have on hand.

The above image shows descriptions for both. One is called a Signal Amplifier and the other is called a Power Receptacle. What I needed was the Power Receptacle for my batwing.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II
15 REPLIES 15

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Looks to me like they got their pictures wrong. There is an amplified wall plate/power supply available, and it works very well IMHO. It is the Sensar Pro Antenna amplifier and signal meter from Winegard. and t retails in the $50-$75 range. depending on where you get it. It has been discussed in many threads on this forum, and it an exact fit replacement. In combination with the Sensar IV antenna head, its about the best you can get.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.