cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kaspersky Anti-Virus FREE Edition

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
Just wanted to let those here know that Kaspersky Anti-Virus Free Edition is available. I have been running/testing/evaluating this free version since its release a few weeks ago. Anyway, very effective, very clean interface and absolutely no friggin ads like you are bombarded with, with other free anti-virus programs. For example AVG Anti-Virus free, these day, will bombard you repeatedly each day with ads and such. Anyway, I encourage you to uninstall your current free anti-virus program and install Kaspersky free that you can find here. Evaluate it and take the time to comment here about it

p.s. Yes, I know the United Stated government no longer uses Kaspersky. I'm hoping that this thread does not get hammered with comments about Russia and such..
21 REPLIES 21

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
darsben1 wrote:
\
At least with MS, McAfee, Norton it was probably FBI or CIA.
So choose who is spying on you

Back when the very first virus programs and thus the very first ANTI-Virus programs came out I felt that the companies SELLING the programs.. Well I suspected they were responsible for some of the viruses as well.

I have since met someone a bit higher up the Information Technology food chain than I am (I Whole lot higher in fact)

He confirmed WHICH company was doing it and where the college professor they hired to write the virus programs lived.

Now. the OTHER big name back then. Well he claims that HE (Norton) Would NEVER do such a thing.

So when I say McCaffee is a Criminal corporation. NOW you know the basis. has nothign to do wiht the charges against the man himself.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
darsben1 wrote:
No thank you to the free antivirus programs. You do not know what entity has built a back door into your computer into the program.

+1

In my 66 years I've learned that if it's free, it usually cost you down the road.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Trackrig wrote:
Here was an interesting situation.

About 18 months ago I bought a new high end Dell desktop while I could still get Windows 7. It came with a free one year subscription of Kaspersky. I had several problems with it so I called their 800# for help. The tech worked with it for a while and then said that if he was me and he'd dump Kaspersky and go find something else.

That one took me by surprise. I messed with Kaspersky for another week and then dumped it and then paid to renew the software I'd been using for years.

Bill

And you thought customer service was dead
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Here was an interesting situation.

About 18 months ago I bought a new high end Dell desktop while I could still get Windows 7. It came with a free one year subscription of Kaspersky. I had several problems with it so I called their 800# for help. The tech worked with it for a while and then said that if he was me and he'd dump Kaspersky and go find something else.

That one took me by surprise. I messed with Kaspersky for another week and then dumped it and then paid to renew the software I'd been using for years.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
No thank you to the free antivirus programs. You do not know what entity has built a back door into your computer into the program.
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's interesting that Kaspersky scored identically to Microsoft in the AV-Comparitives.org Real World tests for July except in the false positives category where it did better with zero to Microsoft's 9. I've been running the free version of Avast for quite awhile, and see no reason to change. Avast bettered both Kaspersky and Microsoft overall. I know there are other testing sites where the results may differ of course.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

sherlock62
Explorer
Explorer
Follow-up post.. After install of Kaspersky Anti-Virus Free, do click update data base and then run the first FULL SCAN. Full scan will complete in 10-15+ min.. Now, you have the option to set your scans up to be automatic/on a schedule or the option to start scan manually. I encourage you to look over ALL settings options in the program and tailor same as you desire.