cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

king dome sat.

kimbo1
Explorer
Explorer
has anyone had problem getting signal to lock from dish network? (hd signal) called king dome today and tech. said dish network had changed signal from sat. and they were working on change for my old system.
11 REPLIES 11

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Awesome information. Thanks for joining the group. Please come back often!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

KingControls
Explorer
Explorer
Earlier this year, DISH began an effort to convert most of its satellite TV signals from QPSK encoding to a new 8PSK format. The new signals allow more content to be streamed through the same bandwidth and provide greater utilization of satellites, although these signals cannot be decoded by many mobile satellite antennas or the older DISH Network satellite receivers including models 301, 2800, 3700, 3900, 4900, 1000/1500, 3000/3500, 4000/4500, 5000/5500, 501, 508, 510 receivers.

Since 1998, KING has manufactured a variety of mobile satellite antennas using several different proprietary methods of finding and identifying satellite signals. Some of these models relied on the QPSK signal in order to identify satellites and will be affected by these changes from DISH. Other models manufactured by KING either do not rely on this type of information to lock-on and identify the satellites, or they were designed with a special tuner that has the ability to identify the 8PSK signals from DISH and therefore are not affected by these changes. We expect that DISH will continue to transmit QPSK encoded signals from at least a single transponder on each DISH satellite for some time, so most KING satellite antennas that rely on that signal can be programmed to look for the remaining QPSK signals.

A historical list of KING satellite antenna models and the related impact of this change on each model is listed below:

KING-DOME

9700/9702/9702-LP/9630/9630-LP
*Unaffected by DISH transition to 8PSK

9704/9704-LP
*S/N #611325 or lower requires software re-programming with KING #1844 dealer installation & diagnostic tool (higher S/N already use 8PSK tuner and are not affected)

9754/9754-LP
*S/N #702321 or lower requires software re-programming with KING #1844 dealer installation & diagnostic tool (higher S/N already use 8PSK tuner and are not affected)

KD2200
*S/N #B06292 or lower requires software re-programming with KING #1844 dealer installation & diagnostic tool (higher S/N already use 8PSK tuner and are not affected)

KD3200
*S/N #C05888 or lower requires software re-programming with KING #1844 dealer installation & diagnostic tool (higher S/N already use 8PSK tuner and are not affected)

KD2000
*Unaffected by DISH transition to 8PSK, already uses 8PSK tuner

KD3000
*Unaffected by DISH transition to 8PSK, already uses 8PSK tuner

TRAC-KING

9760/9762/9762-LP
*S/N #370864 and higher may be re-programed from end user controller to track active QPSK transponder on satellites 110/119/129. Additional support for the Trac-King model antennas is no longer available.

VUQUBE

VQ1000/VQV10

VQ2000
*S/N #106-4989 or lower requires software re-programming with KING #1844 dealer installation & diagnostic tool or upgrade to 8PSK tuner (higher S/N use 8PSK tuner and are not affected)

VQ3000
*S/N #107-1526 or lower requires software re-programming with KING #1844 dealer installation & diagnostic tool or upgrade to 8PSK tuner (higher S/N use 8PSK tuner and are not affected)

VQV20
*S/N #104-1186 or lower requires software re-programming with KING #1844 dealer installation & diagnostic tool or upgrade to 8PSK tuner (higher S/N use 8PSK tuner and are not affected)

VQV30
*S/N #105-1418 or lower requires software re-programming with KING #1844 dealer installation & diagnostic tool or upgrade to 8PSK tuner (higher S/N use 8PSK tuner and are not affected)

FLEX/ROVER

VQ2100
Models built prior to 1/6/15 require USB thumb drive software update (contact KING)

KD1500
Models built prior to 12/22/14 require USB thumb drive software update (contact KING)

TAILGATER/RELAY

VQ2500/KD5500

KING QUEST

VQ4100
Models built prior to 4/10/15 require USB thumb drive software update (contact KING)

KING TAILGATER

VQ4500

For additional information, please contact KINGโ€™s customer service department at (952) 922-6889 extension 173.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
We Cant Wait wrote:
If dish HAD such a close relationship with Winegard, then why isn't the Trav'ler
antenna programmed to tune to BOTH the Eastern and Western Arc like the King dome can be?

A: They don't have that kind of a relationship.
B: The demand for the EA option is too low.
Winegard domes can also be set for EA it's just not something they have setup for the Trav'ler.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Yes had problems locking in about July here are the steps for a he manual settings:

For setting in these tables you will need to first make sure the revision
software on the Trac-King is rev 5.23E, 5.23G or 5.23J. If it is not either
of these, then it will need a software update before trying to attempt the
setup below.

For setting the tables, first make sure the system is on, then press the
"Main" button until the top line reads "Dealer Setup".
Press the + or - key until the bottom line reads "Code 13"
Press "Enter"
Press the "arrow" key 4 times to get the top line to read "xp 61 0 0 0 0"
(most likely, there may be numbers in there if it has already been set)

You'll want to press "Enter" twice to get flashing onto the next 0 in line,
and keep doing that until you are flashing on the first 0 after the 119.

You should now be flashing on the first "0" after the 119. You can
manipulate this number by pressing the "+" or "-" key. You'll want to set
it for "21" then hit "Enter" twice to get flashing onto the next number.
You'll then do this for the rest of the number in the series until it is
set for what is shown below:

xp 119 15, 19, 14, 14.

Be sure to hit "Enter" twice on that last 14 there to then be flashing on
the first "21" after xp 61. Then hit the "Arrow" key one time. You'll now
be set looking at the 129 and flashing after the first "0" or "21" on that.
Be sure it looks like it does below for the 129:

xp 129 21, 21, 21, 21.

Then press "Enter" twice to get on the first 0 after the 110. Currently no
changes have been made to 110, so you don't need to do anything. Just press
the "Main" button once and you should be back at the "Run:Scan Align" page.
From here you just wait to see if it locks onto 119, which is should, and
if you have any issues, then call us at 952-922-6889.

Help Mail
KING
Simply better, by design.

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
If dish HAD such a close relationship with Winegard, then why isn't the Trav'ler
antenna programmed to tune to BOTH the Eastern and Western Arc like the King dome can be?

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
No, Dish would not do that intentionally. Dish is simply changing technology and if the poster is to be believed, KD technology will not be able to keep up. Dish does not care about what some other vendor makes to use with their product. It's up to the after market manufacturers to keep up with Dish (or DirecTV or Bell or Shaw......).

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
I am aware Dish and Winegard have had a close relationship but would Dish really make another vendors totally obsolete?

During my nearly fifty-years in the communications industry I have seen a few really dirty deals but this would kind of put frosting on the cake. I wonder if Dish taking over Hughes sat system for internet has anything to do with this.
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The software that Winegard uses for their antennas (Trav'ler or dome) was not affected (effected?) by the recent changes.

We_Cant_Wait
Explorer
Explorer
Well this pretty much seals our decision to get the Winegard Trav'ler dish. Our King Dome was having a 12VDC power issue this summer, and were debating running a new 12VDC power wire or replacing Dome. I take it that the Dish changes will not effect the Winegard Tailgater antenna????

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, the changes made by Dish Network to the 119 satellite effected King Dome and the old MotoSAT and new RF Mogul antennas. If you have the in-motion KD you can make some manual changes using the digital display but I have not heard if there is a fix for the KD units that only have an on/off/toggle controller. A poster elsewhere reported that he was told by KD that an upcoming change by Dish (no date given) would render the KD useless.

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
My King dome was manufactured in 2008 and installed in my 2009 motorhome. I have noticed a similar problem this year and usually have to remove my receiver smart card and then reinsert the card. This forces the system to do a complete restart, signal acquisition, and menu download which usually takes about ten minutes but does solve the problem.

Moved from Forum Technical support.
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B