cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No TV antenna in bedroom

Hwcollins1946
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a travel trailer that has an electrical box in a corner ceiling of the bedroom, but no antenna wire. Please help me decide the best way to run a cable back there. I bought a Winegard Flatwave boosted antenna, but sometimes I have to run it out the window, sometimes to the opposite side of the RV to get good reception. It's just a lot more trouble than having a hookup to the regular antenna.
BLUEJAY64BLUEJAY64
2012 Puma 26RKS
2010 Ram Laramie
Cane Ridge, TN
14 REPLIES 14

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Have not been able to see you pictures in your post, but opened one of them in browser. If that is your floorplan, is there a cabinet over the kitchen area?? if so, just run a coax from the TV area through the vack of the cabinets, drill a small hole in the wall, and it looks like it will be right where you need it. A splitter behine you front TV will let you tie it in.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Hwcollins1946
Explorer
Explorer
BLUEJAY64BLUEJAY64
2012 Puma 26RKS
2010 Ram Laramie
Cane Ridge, TN

Hwcollins1946
Explorer
Explorer
BLUEJAY64BLUEJAY64
2012 Puma 26RKS
2010 Ram Laramie
Cane Ridge, TN

Hwcollins1946
Explorer
Explorer
BLUEJAY64BLUEJAY64
2012 Puma 26RKS
2010 Ram Laramie
Cane Ridge, TN

Hwcollins1946
Explorer
Explorer
BLUEJAY64BLUEJAY64
2012 Puma 26RKS
2010 Ram Laramie
Cane Ridge, TN

Hwcollins1946
Explorer
Explorer
BLUEJAY64BLUEJAY64
2012 Puma 26RKS
2010 Ram Laramie
Cane Ridge, TN

Hwcollins1946
Explorer
Explorer
BLUEJAY64BLUEJAY64
2012 Puma 26RKS
2010 Ram Laramie
Cane Ridge, TN

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Sometimes, the wiring is in a channel between the wall and the roof. Almost impossible to get to, or to pull anything else through. If you have ducted Air, that is another route some people use.

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Hwcollins1946
Explorer
Explorer
BLUEJAY64BLUEJAY64
2012 Puma 26RKS
2010 Ram Laramie
Cane Ridge, TN

Hwcollins1946
Explorer
Explorer
I have my camper stored. I'll go over there Monday and get some information for your suggestions and take a picture as requested. My antenna handle is in the bedroom on the opposite side from where I mounted the bedroom TV. I think the wire running from the antenna to the cabinet where the plate is may be running across the roof and down into the living room. I appreciate the suggestions. It's possible I may have to find a path for the cable from the plate in the living room to the bedroom. Maybe go under the camper? Maybe across the roof?
BLUEJAY64BLUEJAY64
2012 Puma 26RKS
2010 Ram Laramie
Cane Ridge, TN

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
IS the problem "Where do I connect" Answered above

or is it "How do I get there" that last one is way easier to answer hands on but I may be able to offer some ideas if you take a photo of the TV area and the Switch plate area,, Show me as much of the wall as possible.

Unless you are in S.E. Ga, then we can lay eyes on if you need.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
A couple of points here...

Do you have one of these WINEGARD ANTENNA WALL panels... Looks like this google image

If so pull the panel plate from the wall box so you can see the inside connections...

This pictorial shows what cables go to the connections... If you see the 2nd TV cable connection then you have a RG cable going somewhere - This is the one that is suppose to go to the bedroom TV area...

Google images

Hope this helps...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
If you have a regular antenna installed, it is easy to insert a splitter in the existing wiring. Running a new wire to the bedroom could be challenging.

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Depends on the brand model, and if there is an antenna already installed on the trailer. If it is new, ask your dealer. Service dept at Cullum-Maxie might be able to help, but don't worry about going to Canping world, they have no idea.