cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please please please help with satellite

Thedawg28
Explorer
Explorer
The directions for setting up this is very poor!! We have a directv H25-500 receiver with a Winegard Carryout. Model PM-2000 digital receiver. Last fall we had directv installed at our house and the installer left a small box with us and said this is for if you decide to go portable. It says SWM ODU. We have no idea what we are doing trying to setup. I have everything plugged in like I would think it should be with the cable from satellite plugged into the coax that says "power to swim" and "signal to ird" hooked into the receiver. We are getting a code 775 that says problem communicatin with dish. Do I have everything right or what am I doing wrong?
5 REPLIES 5

Thedawg28
Explorer
Explorer
With a lot of life circumstances we haven't done much to get our satellite going. I just ordered a $25 D12-100 from a company on eBay with remote. I will activate it when I get it and see if If it will fix me up.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Like Bill.Satellite said, H25 requires SWM. Your antenna is not compatible with SWM.

I use the D12-100.

If you would rather keep your H25, get a SWM8 and Power Inserter (PI). Run 2 coax cables from the antenna to 2 of the SWM8 line-in ports. Run a coax from a SWM8 line-out port to the PI. Run a coax from the PI to the receiver.

The D12 is easier, and only needs 1 coax from the antenna.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

turbojimmy
Explorer
Explorer
I got my D12 receiver on eBay for $40. If you do buy a used receiver make sure you call DTV with the receiver ID before you buy. They will make sure it's owned and that the owner doesn't owe them any money thus making it trasnferrable to your account. It's $6.50/month for the additional receiver, too.
1984 Allegro M-31 (Dead Metal)

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The H25 will not work with the Carryout or any other portable automatic antenna without a major (not expensive) modification to the SWM8 hardware. Google Winegard SWM8 and you will find the documents that show you the hardware you need and how to set it up. If you can get a D12 receiver to use with the Carryout that would be better, but any receiver with a model number ending in 24 or lower will work with the Carryout without modification.
The H25 (and higher) requires the DirecTV SWM technology.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

GASA765
Explorer
Explorer
Have you tried calling directive?
Gary, Serena, Monte(JRT), Roxie(Long Hair Dachsund) Haylee(Goldie Mix)
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab 6.7L CTD
2007 Forrest River Wildcat LSBS