cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jefa Tech Wifi Repeater

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
I have installed the antenna and cable into RV, hooked up box and turned on power, but that is far as my tech knowledge is, the manual says to go to web browser and connect the repeater control panel and configure to get it working..

I have no idea what half that means, I have windows 8 and its not very easy to get around.

Can anyone explain this in English please..
6 REPLIES 6

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
timmac wrote:
pconroy328 wrote:
I don't have the system - but piling on what SCVJeff said if there is an IP address on the top of the device it will look like 4 numbers separated by dots.

192.168.1.1 is an example IP address.

Write those numbers down, then fire up your laptop and your favorite browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Internet Exploder) and in the address bar (where you would type "www.google.com", instead type:

http://192.168.1.1

Where the numbers you type match what you wrote down.

Hit enter

Thanks I got thru that very good, did also call them to finish off the rest of the set-up and I am using Jefa Tech wifi right now, I sure hope when I move to another location that I can easy get set up under a new wifi with ease, I guess over time I will be a expert at this.
You'll get used to it, but at the new location just do another search and it will give you a list and tell you strength and whether its passworded or Open
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

timmac
Explorer
Explorer
pconroy328 wrote:
I don't have the system - but piling on what SCVJeff said if there is an IP address on the top of the device it will look like 4 numbers separated by dots.

Write those numbers down, then fire up your laptop and your favorite browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Internet Exploder) and in the address bar (where you would type "www.google.com", instead type:

Hit enter

Thanks I got thru that very good, did also call them to finish off the rest of the set-up and I am using Jefa Tech wifi right now, I sure hope when I move to another location that I can easy get set up under a new wifi with ease, I guess over time I will be a expert at this.

Belgique
Explorer
Explorer
JEFA tech support is very helpful. Just call them and they will walk you through it...in perfect, understandable, Merican English.
Hickory, NC
2007 Fleetwood Discovery 40X

pconroy328
Explorer
Explorer

Hit enter

SCVJeff
Explorer
Explorer
The IP address should be on top of the repeater, along with logon and password. You need to know that, but you may also need to move the IP of your computer if it hasn't discovered the JefaTech already..

If you're not that far along, I agree, you need to call them.
Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350

keepingthelight
Explorer
Explorer
Call Jefa Tech. I hear they are helpful.

Good luck;)
05 Tiffin Phaeton 40 QDH w/4 slides
CAT C7 350+ HP MP-8, Aero Muffler, AFE Filter
06 HHR LT Toad
Ready Brute Elite