cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Portable Sat TV: Winegard Carryout G2+ Or King Quest VQ4100?

MGood777
Explorer
Explorer
Have DirecTV at home and am going the route of adding an SD receiver for $7 a month that I can use in my 5'er. Wondering what people think of the Carryout G2+ versus the King Quest. I like that the King unit is about $150 cheaper off the shelf but it's not a price decision for me. I'm happy to pay more for a better unit if there's a quality difference. Any opinions?
3 REPLIES 3

derh20
Explorer
Explorer
We have the same setup as you are considering with a Quest on top of our MH. The Quest has worked great. We do not get HD, but that is not a big problem for us. Of course with a carry out, you can move the dish to a different location if trees are blocking the view. Our biggest problem has been with DirectTV. Every time we talk to someone, we get a different answer. The latest issue we had is when we got a letter from them tell us that our "suspended" receiver on the MH with be activated. We called them and were told we had to activate it at least every 6 months. What the? We must have talked to at least 20 people over a year's time in the process of understanding how the system and billing work and no one ever told us that. We threatened cancellation and they sent us to the retention department who extended our "suspension" until next January. That is ok for us as we head to AZ in January. Good luck with DirectTV.

Cram_a_lot_in
Explorer
Explorer
We have had the G2 for quite some time. We have found it to be very reliable and easy to set up. As with all dishes, it is necessary to have an open view of the southern sky. Once the dish has located its target, the Directv receiver will general start right up. However, on occasion, it needs to be rebooted (small red button near access card),this is probably operator error.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you have HD at home I don't think you'll like SD.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman