cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ready to purchase a new GPS

ron4adams
Explorer
Explorer
First a little background to help eliminate irrelevant postings. Most of our RV trips range in length from 8 to 15 thousand miles over 6 to 10 weeks. We always plan the entire trip using trip planning software and transferring the waypoints and destinations to our GPS. Our most recent software has become nonfunctional due to a dispute with Google Maps (Tyre), and my Tomtom maps can no longer be updated. My questions are very specific. Are Good Sam trips exportable to all Rand McNally GPS units and are the "glitches" reported years ago fixed.
3 REPLIES 3

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
โ€œWe always plan the entire trip using trip planning software and transferring the waypoints and destinations to our GPS.โ€œ

Iโ€™m irrelevantly spontaneous but not snooty.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

ron4adams
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the information. I will check out the RV trip wizard.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
RV Trip Wizard it the best planning software out there I moved over from Good Sam about a year ago, its $39 a year and well worth it
I have used to plan a 5 and a 6 month trip covering about 12,000 mile

This is from their website
Rand McNally Dock

The Rand McNally Dock works with the both the Good Sam and Rand McNally RV GPS units.

The Dock sofware is available at http://www.randmcnally.com/support/s/dock-software

After downloading the trip GPS information to your computer, run the Dock software to bring the information into the Rand McNally GPS.
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks