cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rear View Camera Recommendations

Walaby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'd like to mount a camera on the back of my TT. I would put a separate monitor in the cab of the TV.. Just want to be able to see behind my trailer as Im driving.

Looking for any product recommendations. I am thinking I would run the 12V connection to my TT battery, since when running, the TV would keep the battery charged. I would prefer a wired system, just for the reliability and clarity.

I was thinking something simple like this, as long as I can power it regardless of being in reverse or not.

Amazon

Thanks

Mike
Im Mike Willoughby, and I approve this message.
2017 Ram 3500 CTD (aka FRAM)
2019 GrandDesign Reflection 367BHS
2 REPLIES 2

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
I bought a wireless system from Rear View Safety Products. Installation went fairly well, but I did end up mounting an antenna (supplied free by RVSP) on the side of the trailer to improve the signal. The monitor is great, and the ability to add up to three more cameras is nice, although I can only see me adding one more to help with hitching up. The wireless system does suffer from interferance at times, but overall, I'm pleased with the system and didn't want to deal with a wired system.

Customer support from Rear View Safety has been very good. They respond to emails very quickly and you can also contact them via phone.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

oxt127
Explorer
Explorer
I have been looking into this as well. I'm considering this
http://www.rearviewsafety.com/products/backup-camera-systems/self-standing-monitor/two-2-camera-backup-system-with-trailer-tow-quick-connect-disconnect-kit-model-rvs-776614-213.html

or one of the other rear view safety products
2006 Ford F-350 Diesel CCLB

2016 CrossRoads Z-1 ZT272BH