cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Renew SiriusXM

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
My 12 month trial ended a few weeks ago and I told them not to renew, holding out for a better offer...

That off came today, 12 months at $5 a month for the select package, it's about 68 a year with taxes. Seemed good enough compared to the 79 I've seen before or the 99 they offered me originally.

Don't know that this is an exceptional deal, but some savings at least.

I just set a reminder on my phone for the auto renewal so I can cancel before getting stuck with a surprise.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed
31 REPLIES 31

carl2591
Explorer III
Explorer III
I am looking at buying a 2010 car with XM and was wondering is you can get these deal on what would be a new service or do i have to bite the bullet and go for the year or 6 months and then call to cancel to get them.
Carl2591, Raleigh NC
2005 Airstream Classic 31D
2003 Ford F-250 SD, CC, 7.3L modded diesel machine
Every day is a new day with potential to be life changing.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
vermilye wrote:
Fortunately, none of the channels I listen to have ads or babbling DJs.

All of the channels I listen to have both. 5-10, a few in the 20s and 30s, 50s. And they're listed as commercial free.

The ads are not for external products but for other Sirius products, like their streaming ap. If you're not using the streaming app you're missing out, or customize this station using our streaming app, blah blah - I consider those advertisements. They're also constantly jabbering on about the new channel for so and so artist, genre, theme, sporting event, etc. They all sounds like advertisements to me.

sorry, gotta rant for a minute...

On long hauls, I listen to Google or Amazon and not Sirius, but for driving around town, FCA has made it so difficult to stream from my bluetooth phone, I don't bother. My past Jeep Grand Cherokee, Dodge Charger, Ram 1500 all were super easy, the phone would start playing as soon as I started the engine. With my '17 Ram 2500, the only option I get at engine start is Sirius. To get the phone working, gotta press Media -> Bluetooth -> ERROR NO BLUETOOTH FOUND... turn off engine, remove fob, open door, close door, insert fob, start engine, Media -> Bluetooth -> Phone -> Long delay -> Music playing ... stop at the gas station to fuel up for 5 minutes, get to do it all again. Dealer says oh that's just how it is, nothing wrong, nothing to fix. Progress?

Thanks, end of rant.

Jim2007
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Dave... Thanks for the heads up.... New to sirius ... They do have my credit card number. I now plan to call and discuss rate as we like the service on cross country trips....jim2007
TV: 2016 Dodge 2500 Diesel
Rig: 2013 Heartland, Sundance, 5th wheel

magicbus
Explorer
Explorer
Jim2007 wrote:
Hi.. good comments . .. my sirius, expires april 2018 .. no offers to extend yet.. Jim2007..
If they have your credit card on file I doubt you will get any offers. They will just renew you at their current (full) price.

Dave
Current: 2018 Winnebago Era A
Previous: Selene 49 Trawler
Previous: Country Coach Allure 36

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
Fortunately, none of the channels I listen to have ads or babbling DJs.

az99
Explorer
Explorer
That is still to much to pay to listen to very poor quality music with commercials and babbling, worthless DJs.

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
For the last couple of years I've been paying $66.72 each (2 receivers) for 6 months of full service. I do have to threaten to quit a week before the contract ends, but I use it enough to make it worth the bother.

Jim2007
Explorer
Explorer
Hi.. good comments . .. my sirius, expires april 2018 .. no offers to extend yet.. Jim2007..
TV: 2016 Dodge 2500 Diesel
Rig: 2013 Heartland, Sundance, 5th wheel

huntram
Explorer
Explorer
I've been renewing every six months on my 2014 Ram for $25 for the 6 months since my free year expired in July 2015! I just set my Google calendar to remind me.
Our traveling blog:Brian and Patty's Awesome Adventure
2014 Ram 3500, Western Brown, Laramie, CrewCab Dually, Aisin Trans, CTD, 2011 Carriage Cameo 32FWS 5th wheel.

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
I really like the Service and am willing to pay for it. I think I pay $20.00 per month for everything, sports, talk, music, and access to all the channels through the streaming app. I use it all the time in the car and on my phone at work to listen to music.

Thanks!

Jeremiah
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
We don't listen to radio when traveling. In 2007, we bought a MH with a 12 month free subscription. We turned it on a time or two and forgot about it. About 2 or 3 years later, we discovered we still had SiriusXM radio. We sold that RV this year, and the SiriusXM was still playing. (I am sure that whoever ends up with that MH will believe we are unwittingly paying for the service.)

I bought a new F-150 this year with a 6 month subscription that expires 12/1/17. We turned it on to be sure it worked. In a couple of years, I will turn it on to see if it is still live.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
Bionic Man wrote:
I have been doing the 5 months for $25 deal for a few years. But it is also a select package. A friend of mine pays $35 for 6 months, and gets everything (including NFL).

I will ask for that one at my next renewal.

I cancelled my "six months free with new purchase" deal when they charged me $25/mo from the very start. Never saw any free service period.

Now I keep getting offers in the mail claiming 5 months for $25 but when I read the fine print I find what they really mean is it's $25/mo for 5 months then it goes to the full price until you cancel.

Seems to me if they really want to keep customers they need to stop letting lawyers write their offers and put the **** things in plain english without all the weasel words and fine print. Until then, I'll listen to my CDs.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Bionic Man wrote:
I have been doing the 5 months for $25 deal for a few years. But it is also a select package. A friend of mine pays $35 for 6 months, and gets everything (including NFL).

They offered me the deluxe (with the incl streaming) 6 mos for $30, but I read online about some folks having that auto-renew 90 days before expiring, and it auto-renews at full price.

I've got more streaming music services than I need now, don't need another one at this point.

Sirius gets under my skin too with their "ad free" channels, they're full of ads for other Sirius channels and packages... I guess they consider those PSA rather than ADS?

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer

2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
I have to go through this same dance with Comcast (Xfinity) and with Sirius.
...threaten to cancel, negotiate back and forth, and then finally they give me a decent offer....

Start over again a year later when they bump up the price to their "regular" one.
Been a loyal Comcast subscriber since 1993. Never missed a payment...and I have to go through this game over and over...ridiculous.

ahhhh....now I feel better after ranting.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro