cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roku or chromcast tv sticks

Campincarters
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all. Has anyone had any experience with using the Roku or Chromcast or Amazon Fire Stick. Was thinking of purchasing one to use at home and in my rv. I would like to be able to watch baseball during the summer and football in the fall while we travel. We still work full time but spend as much time as possible in the rv. Any advice would be helpful.
2017 Forester 3011DS
naugatuck, Connecticut
20 REPLIES 20

gafidler
Explorer
Explorer
I have a chromecast I use to stream with my Android phone to watch Ntflix ,, but i think the firestick is better..

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
Roku stick here. Forgot ours from home when we left last time and bought one at a local store. We stream to it with our iPhones on an AT&T connection. Had a Chromcast but never could get it to work well.

It seems as Roku has their act together and never had a problem with them.

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
We have a FireTVstick that we use regularly to stream Amazon Prime movies. We also use it with the Dish Anywhere app installed for streaming programming from our Dish onboard Hopper to the bedroom TV, or from the Hopper installed at our vacation cottage to watch programs we had it record while we were underway. We have two unlimited data plans, one AT&T and the other Verizon, so the data usage is not an issue or us.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
info on how to watch football on a roku most not free roku football some of the apps require a cable or satellite subscription to sign in to them. then there is the data use problem when traveling.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Roku unit, not a stick, and it works great.
bumpy

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Campincarters wrote:
Hello all. Has anyone had any experience with using the Roku or Chromcast or Amazon Fire Stick. Was thinking of purchasing one to use at home and in my rv. I would like to be able to watch baseball during the summer and football in the fall while we travel. We still work full time but spend as much time as possible in the rv. Any advice would be helpful.

don't have one but curious as to which internet provider you could use with those devices as campground wifi would be unsuitable.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle