cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sporttrek TV mount move

Derflure
Explorer
Explorer
I have updated my 2 new Sporttrek TT with updated smart TV's in both the outdoor location and above the entertainment area inside. When I considered the size I ensured the length and width right but I forget about the location of the screw holes on the back of the TV. The location of the screw holes has moved my TV down and has caused it to block the outdoor accent light, and leave no space under the entertainment center.

Will there be a issue with me moving the mount up 3" inches to clear the bottom? I have plenty of vertical space and only need around 3 to get it to clear at the bottom of the TV. Is there something to mount to 3 inches above the mount?

Attached a picture for reference, you can see that the bottom of the TV would hit the blue light.

Thanks
Newguy
1 REPLY 1

riven1950
Explorer
Explorer
Pictures would help or you may find someone with your same unit.

We didn't like the original mount in our TT. I removed the old mount and installed a 3/4 " piece of plywood that would allow the weight to be spaced out over a larger area. Then installed a new mount that was more flexible viewing wise and it works great.

Just be careful what you are putting screws into.