cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Streaming to Stick Home Amp

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
WE have around a 12 yer old system wired up in the stick home. Amp is typically a radio also. The in the wall speakers are really good and sound is good.

Well the wife is into blue toothing and streaming. She says Santa has to bring her something for the home set up that she can just crank up the late model apple phone and stream/blue tooth her music to the home amp.

Is there a gizmo that would add on to the ole amp for this?

If not what would you recommend for an adequate middle of the road system to do this if the amp needs replacing?
8 REPLIES 8

krobbe
Explorer
Explorer
I bought this Miccus Home RTX: Long Range, Bluetooth Music Transmitter or Receiver several years ago. It has a good long range bluetooth signal when sitting by the campfire while connected to my TT stereo. I also use it on the home stereo.
Me'62, DW'67, DS'04, DD'07
'03 Chevy Suburban 2500LT 4WD Vortec8.1L 4L85-E 3.73 CurtClassV
'09 BulletPremier295BHS 33'4" 7200#Loaded 1100#Tongue Equal-i-zerHitch Tires:Kumho857
Pics

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Just a little more background why I chose the expensive Logitech adapter over the $10-15 adapters that are out there.

Logitech published specs on the output voltage of their pre-amp circuit, and it was within spec for my old pioneer stereo. A lot of the "cheaper" units don't publish the output voltage, or it's super low, for driving something like headphones or "amplified speakers" rather than an old amplifier that expects a rather high input voltage.

The cheapo adapter I used previously had such a low output voltage I had to crank the amp beyond 50% volume to get a decent listening volume. With the Logitech, I rarely go beyond 25-30%

This probably won't affect everyone, I just wanted to share my experience.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

BuckyBadger
Explorer
Explorer
not the op, but thanks for the ideas

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks folks, you just probably saved me from "modernizing" my trusty old amp.

APT
Explorer
Explorer
I have been doing just that to a couple receviers I have in my home. I am pleased with this receiver for a couple years. Today I'd recommend this one. Great reviews and it comes with the typically required cables.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
x2 You want a bluetooth receiver with RCA pre-amp outputs (red and white jacks)

I bought one of these for my 15 year old Pioneer receiver, works fantastic and has super range:

Logitech Bluetooth Audio Adapter
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

GAScouter
Explorer
Explorer
There are Bluetooth receivers available for around $20 or so. Plug it in to an input on your system, pair your phone and good to go. I've been using a Belkin unit for years now.
2004 Coachmen Aurora - Pic coming.

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, Chromecast Audio
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad