cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

They Will Lie and Cheat

Cajunco
Explorer
Explorer
Camping Word and Good Sam is so desperate to get members they will send you a merchandise certificate for $20 if you join Good Sam.
Then when you go online to use it they tell you it's not valid..

A Supervisor named Roland in Denver wanted me to make my purchase online then mail them my certificate to get a refund check in the mail. None of the small print says anything about mailing the certificate!

So after I complain on the phone with Roland (the supervisor) he tells me that he agrees that it's A lot of trouble to go thur and he will honor The certificate for $20..
He transfers me back to the representative to take my order.. After She takes my order she tells me to hold on... Roland comes back on the phone and NOW tells me he CANT honor the certificate because I'm only purchasing $30. No where on that certificate says that there is a minimum purchase .. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME..

is it just me or is Camping World and Good Sam digging a hole for them selfs?
2002 Fleetwood Bounder 36S
11 REPLIES 11

AmericalVette
Explorer
Explorer
Stopped by Camping World today to pick up a few things and used mine. Nice & much appreciated!
Times fun when you're having flies!

AJB
Explorer
Explorer
I was told the same thing as the op. Received a $50. Merchandise certificate and when I tried to use it online it was declined. Online chat support stated I need to mail it in for a refund.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Every coupon I ever got from CW worked without a hitch. Either I'm just lucky or CW really does honor them and there was some other issue.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Cajunco
Explorer
Explorer
Lebeter wrote:
Only thing I found was this. clearly states $200 minimum. was this taken to pm to avoid embarrassment for OP or was this not stated at CW sites where the member saw this deal?

http://voucherpromocodecouponcodes.com/coupons/good-sam-club-20-off-orders-of-200-excludes-club-specials-service-installations-fees-towable-rvs-motorized-rvs-good-one-time-one-use-only-expires-31012/

This is merchandise certificate does not have a minimum purchase

Cajunco
Explorer
Explorer
Mark called me right away and asked what he could do to make things right.
I told him my concern with the certificate and what happen like I listed above.

He told me The certificate was met to be used instore not online.

Them problem was solved and I'm satisfied with the outcome.
Thank you Mark
RJ

Lebeter
Explorer
Explorer
Only thing I found was this. clearly states $200 minimum. was this taken to pm to avoid embarrassment for OP or was this not stated at CW sites where the member saw this deal?

http://voucherpromocodecouponcodes.com/coupons/good-sam-club-20-off-orders-of-200-excludes-club-specials-service-installations-fees-towable-rvs-motorized-rvs-good-one-time-one-use-only-expires-31012/

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Why is so hard for Good Sam/Camping World to do something that is customer friendly?

If what the OP says is correct, then the merchandise certificate scheme is just a small step away from a scam.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
OP
WHAT DID THEY TELL YOU??????
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Cajunco,

Thank you for all your time today. If you have any questions or concerns in the future please let me know. I would be happy to help.

Thank you,

Mark

Cajunco
Explorer
Explorer
Sent PM

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello Cajunco, thank you for your time. I apologize for the confusion, I will be glad to look into this for you. Can you send me a private message with your contact information.

Thank you,
Ella