cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Three TV's two satellie receivers

SUKISHORT
Explorer
Explorer
I am purchasing a new bunk house trailer. I will have the main tv in the lounge area, the kids tv in the bunk area and a small tv in our bedroom. I have the hook up figured out for the main tv and the kids tv. Plug the cable into the satellie plug on the outside of the trailer and plug the receivers into the wall. My guestion is how do I go from the lounge tv to the main bedroom tv? I don't mind using the cable receiver box in the lounge area to change channels, or do I have to get a third receiver for the main bedroom?

I hope this us understandable and thank you in advance for the help.
12 REPLIES 12

mikestock
Explorer
Explorer
For 2 tv's on one receiver I use the component output to one and HDMI to the other in my home. Of course, this means stringing wire, which is not so easy in an RV and you can only tune one station at a time. This works well for me to pair a tv in my office and a, seldome used tv in a guest room. RF remotes are essential.

I also use the 2 tv's in my den and kitchen off the same receiver. I wouldn't want two different programs in these two nearby locations anyway. For these two I use an Actiontec, send and receive unit. The Actiontec units are a little expensive but are versatile and handy to take on the road or tailgating.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
a quick simple semi-related question to avoid starting another thread. my current dish receiver/s will not get Hidef. If I swap out one of my receivers for one that will get it, can a high def only signal still play on my ancient non-hidef TVs?
bumpy

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
my dual receiver Dish has one IR and one RF controllers.
bumpy

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
You might want to look at one of these 'RF' REMOTE CONTROL units for DirecTv items... These units operate with the IR as well as RF and suppose to go thru walls and doors. Maybe this would get to your RECEIVER setup in the living room area from the bedroom area???

I assume this will require some sort of interface at the SAT RECEIVER area to work. I just received this info in an email mailing from SOlID SIGNAL.com today...

RF DIRECTV REMOTE

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

falconman
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.iogear.com/product/GW3DHDKIT/

I use one of these for my basement TV, works fine.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
GordonThree wrote:
cpaulsen wrote:
I use the dish receiver that is for 2 tv's. It workd great for us in the bedroom and living room. Watch different programs.

agreed

VIP922k I believe is what this receiver is called, it has multiple tuners, and multiple remotes. the main HDTV is TV1 and the secondary standard def output is TV2.

I had one for years and years in my S&B, great receiver

Oh and I forgot to add, the remotes are RF, so no infrared repeater is needed for either TV, stick the receiver wherever it fits best.
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
Wouldn't the simplest thing be to use an external multiswitch just inside the wall where the main coax enters the coach. It would require a third receiver & be more flexible, but there would be no need to run any cabling. That is of course, if there are already coax inputs at each location. ๐Ÿ™‚
I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
cpaulsen wrote:
I use the dish receiver that is for 2 tv's. It workd great for us in the bedroom and living room. Watch different programs.

agreed

VIP922k I believe is what this receiver is called, it has multiple tuners, and multiple remotes. the main HDTV is TV1 and the secondary standard def output is TV2.

I had one for years and years in my S&B, great receiver
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
There's no need for a 3rd receiver if 2 of the TV's can be using the same channel or you only use one of the TV's at a time. You just need to get the output from one receiver to both TV's. This will be the same whether you are Dish or DirecTV, you just need to figure out how to get it done. If one of the receivers is located near a video distributions center (box with input selections for TV, ANT, Cable, etc. then you put the receiver output into that and send it to the second TV. It will be SD only. If you want all TV's to view TV in HD then you need 3 receivers or that 2nd output from the receiver must be HDMI also. This might only require adding and HDMI splitter and snaking a new HDMI cable. If one of the TV's you describe is a smallish TV then HD really makes no difference.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
They make a device called a MULTISWITCH used with a dual or quattro LNB to distribute satellite TV signals to multiple (usually more than four) receivers from a single dish and LNB.

The MULTISWITCH is built into the DISH and will allow multiple SAT TV connections. Each TV will require its own SAT RECEIVER.

This is the way worked just a few years ago at any rate hehe...

We used to fight all of this until the National Broadcast came out with the DIGITAL T modes for the local OTA TV stations. Now we just watch local HDTV stations using our OTA BATWING VHF/UHF Antenna where we camp at. Of course this doesn't include any CABLE TV stations but all we watch is NCIS and local news/weather anyway haha...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

cpaulsen
Explorer
Explorer
cpaulsen

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I have used the small transmitters/receivers to get TV on non-hard wired TVs.
bumpy