cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TV/CABLE HOOKUPS

Sawcat1
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2017 Hideout 308 BDHS. Behind the tv inside there is a single cable jack that was hooked to the tv. I'm sure that's from the DVD player but there's also an on/off switch that I don't know what is for?

There's also another outlet with 2 cable jacks jumped together with a short cable. What are those for?

Is there anyway to play dvds inside onto the the tv when it's hooked up outside?

Thanks in advance! First time with a fancy new camper with all these things and it comes with no instructions!!
8 REPLIES 8

Traver8
Explorer
Explorer
Sawcat1, in my Jayco the plate with the two connections and short jumper is the connection to the TV location in the bedroom. The jumper just connects the bedroom line to the amplifier output like the main TV.

As others have already said, the DVD would connect via HDMI or RCA cables directly to the TV and you would select the appropriate TV input from its menu.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The "Standard" TV/Cable switch is a wall plate with an ON.OFF switch or buttonm an LED a 12 volt outlet and an antenna connection.

THis is the "SOurce" Switch switching between, nornmally, Cable and Over the air antenna (ON = Antenna) It also provides power to the amplifier inside the antenna and its a splitter going to your TV-2 (and optionally TV-3)

THe dual jack is most likely in the CABLE line

Park cable lead goes to ONE of those two jacks the other goes on to the switchm Back in the days of SD Satellite receivers with Coax out you could remove that jumper and replace it with the Sat Receiver.

Today you can use it for a cable decryptor box rented from the camnpground if the cable system is encrypted.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
There are usually 2 jacks. One is for Over-the-air television reception through your camper antenna. Outside, there is also a jack where you can plug in an external cable television service (like at a campground). This same jack can be used (outside) to run a television from your camper's antenna.

A second jack should be available for hooking up a satellite television system. DishTV and DirectTV will not work going through your trailer television booster. If you have a satellite system, the coax cable connects to the external satellite antenna to the outside jack on the camper marked, "satellite". That is wired directly to another jack inside the camper. From that jack, another coax is needed to connect the satellite receiver. And from the satellite receiver box, usually an HMDI cord to the actual television.

The little button is the booster for the camper's antenna. More than likely, it should be "on" all the time. When it's "on" there should be a little green light that come on too.

If you run an external DVD player, that might be WIFI ready, that will be run separate, and has nothing to do with the wiring in the camper. Usually, they are connected from the DVD player to the television with an HMDI cord as well.

We have found that in campgrounds where they offer cable hook up, the booster button (green light) has to be turned off. Otherwise, the cable does not work.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
I doubt the coax is from the DVD player. The DVD is most likely not connected via coax. The coax is from the OTA antenna and the exterior cable connection.
DVD should be connected via HDMI or RCA cables
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
The single cable jack is most likely the antenna input. As stated the little switch turns on and off the antenna booster.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
did you buy this new from a dealer. I hope they didn't charge you for a PDI. as stated, if the switch is on a standard switch plate with red LED it is for the amplifier for tv.
bumpy

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
And most TV amplifiers have a tiny little dim light to show they are "on"...near the switch.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Is it a small switch? If so it is most likely the TV antenna amplifier switch
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind