cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Using Home Reciever

pf32450
Explorer
Explorer
I will apologize upfront if this has been addressed before. We upgraded to the Dish Network Hopper at home and wanted to know if the main receiver HPR200 (not the Joey) can be taken with us and used while we are camping. We have a extra satellite dish to set-up at the campsite. Also can we just connect to the cable outlet on the side of the TT. Thank you in advance for your assistance. :@
2014 Flagstaff Classic Super Lite 8321KBS
2010 Ford F-250 Crew Cab 6.4L Diesel
3 REPLIES 3

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
You don't need to run 2 cables into the coach. Just install the Solo Node at the antenna (2 cables from antenna to Solo Node) and then one cable runs to the Hopper. You will have full use of all tuners. There is only one coax connection available to a Hopper so 2 would never be used.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
pf32450 wrote:
. . .can we just connect to the cable outlet on the side of the TT.

Maybe. Since you seem to have only 1 coax connection on the side of your TT, you can only run one cable (instead of the typical two) from your sat dish to your Hopper.

The Hopper should work if you connect just ONE coax from the sat dish directly to the Hopper. However, you'll only be able to use (at best) two of the Hopper's 3 tuners.

Also, the RG6 from your sat dish to the Hopper should be "blessed" RG6 -- that is, rated at 3 GHz.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
pf32450 wrote:
I will apologize upfront if this has been addressed before. We upgraded to the Dish Network Hopper at home and wanted to know if the main receiver HPR200 (not the Joey) can be taken with us and used while we are camping. We have a extra satellite dish to set-up at the campsite. Also can we just connect to the cable outlet on the side of the TT. Thank you in advance for your assistance. :@

Yes, the Hopper can be taken (it's the only receiver in the house so it must be used). You will have to have the same kind of antenna you have on your house, the Dish 100 antenna PLUS you will need to get a Solo Node Switch like this Solo Node. You connect to cables from the antenna to the Solo Node and then one cable runs from the Host connection to the Hopper (You have one of these or a Duo Node in your house).
You will be able to feed that one cable into your RV but it's very likely that you will not be able to use your cable connection as it is meant for campground cable and not satellite. There is a possibility, depending upon how your RV is wired you might be able to modify that cabling to work but we would need more details about your coach and how you select between OTA TV and cable TV.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?