cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Verizon to up the cost of unlimited data plans

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like Verizon is going to raise the price of it's unlimited data plan for those of you that still have one.

Verizon ups cost on unlimited data plans
9 REPLIES 9

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Great re-write....just bad information. My Verizon service is better today than it has been in the past.
If you actually travel you will want Verizon. If you sit a lot you will want the best service available in that particular area.

I agree with this . Verizon provides the best service however they are generally the most expensive.
I have Sprint which I agree is inferior to Verizon service but it is significantly less expensive.
As always in the end you get what you pay for.Depending on you needs there is not a one size fits all answer.
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

docj
Explorer
Explorer
The new Verizon pricing policy gives unlimited plan holders the right to buy new phones and pay for them on monthly plans. Although this isn't a huge benefit, it does reduce the pain associated with upgrading.

On other forums some people have speculated that maybe this price increase is a good signal from Verizon that it is no longer trying to end unlimited plans and is willing to "live with them" albeit at higher prices.

This may be wishful thinking, but the FCC and the courts made it clear to AT&T last year that they can't change the groundrules on their unlimited customers. In AT&T's case they were throttling speeds for higher data usage customers and were told to stop doing it. Verizon knows that they, too, have to continue to play by the rules of the contracts it signed with customers.

With data prices slowly coming down it probably won't be all that long before most "unlimited" customers aren't getting much, if any, discount relative to what they would pay with standard plans. There always will be a few of us using ~75-150 GB/mo but we will be a small minority. JMO.
Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/braking system
WiFiRanger Ambassador/RVParkReviews administrator
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Great re-write....just bad information. My Verizon service is better today than it has been in the past.
If you actually travel you will want Verizon. If you sit a lot you will want the best service available in that particular area.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
As the prices go up up up up
and the service goes down down down
Verison is the reason
They'll get you this season
Low quality
Bleeding you'll be.

(Re-write of an old commerical jingle for a clothing store)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

MrWizard
way back when i paid $49.99 for 5 gig
then got the NEW unlimited on my then Motorola windows smartphone

nobody likes paying more, but $20 more a month is not going to break me,
and is a lot better than the present alternatives

i already increased my total monthly costs by $47.75 a month
i can handle another $20 to keep what i've got
its cheaper than buying a new $600 smart phone on monthly Verizon payments

i've only been out of contract, on month to month for the past year
i reupped the contract in in the summer of 2012, so i only went off contract in fall of 2014
i don't even mine reupping to keep the data price, as long as i can reup with out buying a new phone
i just recently bought my S4 New, and don't need an S6 or iPhone

thanks to the OP for the Heads Up
now i need to check on the contract status situation
i'm NOT buying a new phone.. cheaper to pay the extra $20 than a new phone
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
With all the increases, we are thinking about giving up data service on our pones, get the cheapest flip phone we can find. I have a Verizon jet pack that I can activate on a monthly basis when needed, and a laptop and tablet both. Evaluating my actual need for a smart phone, cost to upgrade, and higher data costs.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
From $29.99 to $49.99. Still doesn't sound like a bad deal. OmniLynx was already $47.74 but it's no longer available.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

jcpainter
Explorer
Explorer
I read on another forum that they are excluding business and government plans, so the OmniLynx program won't be effected.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Well, we knew they were not going to lower prices. ๐Ÿ˜ž